|08 Feb 2012||#1|
| || |
PLEASE HELP!! I want my notbook back to Windows 7 Starter!!!
Okay please i need help with this..
Me and my girlfriend both have Acer Aspire One D257-13473 Netbooks.
I fond a way to get our computers to Windows 7 Professional using "Anytime Updater"
The thing i didn't notice was that our computers weren't Genuine.
And now both our computers have black Screens, we can use the computer but the black Screen really kills it.
And since i convinced my girlfriend to do this with me i feel horrible since it's my fault and i messed up her Notebook.
Is there a safe way for us to switch our computers back to their original settings ?
Like go back to Windows Starter again?
Please help )':
|My System Specs|
|08 Feb 2012||#2|
| || |
Here are some steps for you to follow to help you fix your computers. It is a bit lengthy (just trying to be thorough) but I promise the process is not too difficult and there is always the community to ask if you have more questions.
1. First, did the "Anytime Updater" make any other modifications to your system like erasing all your previous files on the system (music, pictures, movies, documents, programs etc)? I have never done this myself as I have always chosen to upgrade my computer to a Windows Ultimate edition as soon as I bought it via CD/DVD.
2. If the "Anytime Updater" did not make these changes does your computer come with any applications that you can restore the computer's factory image from? Checking Acer's support documentation, your PC should come with an application called Acer eRecovery Management. If it does, you may be in luck.
***If this program is not available skip steps 3-8, I have an alternate method that should work. Reboot your computer and on the boot screen (should have the Acer’s logo), quickly press and hold Alt + F10. This should open the hidden recovery partition of your computer. Acer eRecovery Management should start, just click the Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults. It will take a while but the process is painless***
3. With the Acer eRecovery Management program, you will need either an external CD/DVD burner to create recovery discs that you will label in sequential order and store in case you ever need them again or a formatted USB flash drive with at least 12 GB free. For convenience sake, don't password protect your recovery just in case unless you plan on making sure you remember it or will store it someplace safely. Just be cautious, I believe PC manufacturers only allow one copy of this backup to be created.
4. To create the backup you will need to choose the Create Factory Default Backup and follow the prompts, it is easy. Don’t forget to label and store your CD/DVD, or USB Flash Drive.
5. Before using your recovery software PLEASE back up all of your important / personal data because it will be formatted by the recovery process.
6. When you are ready, shutdown your computer and have your recovery media ready to go on your computer (external CD/DVD drive or USB Flash Drive) and reboot your computer. On the boot screen (it will probably have Acer’s logo) press F2 and you should access in the BIOS. Now in the BIOS go to the main menu, search for the F12 boot menu, and press F5 and choose the enable option to access this boot menu on your next reboot. Make sure to save your save these changes and exit.
7. Reboot your PC and press F12 on the boot menu. Since your CD/DVD drive or USB Flash Drive will be in a USB port, choose the USB option in this menu and press enter.
8. Follow all prompts to restore your computer. It may take a while and will likely need your imput towards the end (for Windows settings). After that, you should be ready to go.
If these steps do not work, you will have to obtain a Windows 7 installer on disc or usb, download all of your drivers from acer to install, and start from scratch.
|My System Specs|
|08 Feb 2012||#3|
| || |
Your girlfriend's and yours Acer Aspire One D257-13473 Netbooks would have come with genuine Windoiws 7 Starter installation or recovery DVD. Or there should have been a Recovery Partition at least. You should therefore be able to restore the machines to the original factory settings.
What is preventing you to do that?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: PLEASE HELP!! I want my notbook back to Windows 7 Starter!!!|
|Bringing back windows microsoft office starter||Microsoft Office|
|Changin back to windows 7 starter||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Want my Windows 7 Starter back.... PLEASE HELP!!!!||General Discussion|
|acer aspire 5515 notbook, I NEED WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS HELP||Drivers|
|How to change back from window 7 ultimate to starter||General Discussion|
|Is there a way to get Windows 7 Starter back on to my netbook?||Installation & Setup|
|Can't get Back original Starter theme||Themes and Styles|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.