Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: System Restore Failed.

14 Apr 2012   #11
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
In addition to that, enter the following command in an elevated command window

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
and post the contents of sfcdetails .txt (located on your desktop).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Apr 2012   #12
Duchess

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
In addition to that, enter the following command in an elevated command window

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
and post the contents of sfcdetails .txt (located on your desktop).
I will follow your link for posting the contents. As for working through the trouble shooting steps. Please supply the number of the step you think will help me. I saw nothing that applies, but I could need glasses.

Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate the time and trouble you're going through.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #13
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
In addition to that, enter the following command in an elevated command window

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
and post the contents of sfcdetails .txt (located on your desktop).
I will follow your link for posting the contents. As for working through the trouble shooting steps. Please supply the number of the step you think will help me. I saw nothing that applies, but I could need glasses.

Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate the time and trouble you're going through.
More or less steps 1,3,7,4,9

have you tried running it in safe mode? Boot into safe mode by tapping F8 during boot and selecting safe mode. Hit Win key+R, type rstrui.

If that even doesn't work, boot to normal mode and do a full scan with Malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Apr 2012   #14
Duchess

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post

In addition to that, enter the following command in an elevated command window

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
and post the contents of sfcdetails .txt (located on your desktop).
I will follow your link for posting the contents. As for working through the trouble shooting steps. Please supply the number of the step you think will help me. I saw nothing that applies, but I could need glasses.

Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate the time and trouble you're going through.
More or less steps 1,3,7,4,9

have you tried running it in safe mode? Boot into safe mode by tapping F8 during boot and selecting safe mode. Hit Win key+R, type rstrui.

If that even doesn't work, boot to normal mode and do a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download
I have sfc details.text on my desktop, but when I opened it, there was no text to be seen.

I thought I had mentioned before that that when I went into Safe Mode, I couldn't see System Restore.

Could you do me a big favor and list all the things you want me to try (as a numbered list). Try it to view & use them from posts is difficult, there are so many. Then I can answer them one by one. I'm getting frustrated, I've tried so many things and I'm not sure if I've posted all of them.

I sure would appreciate it you would send it to: EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED That is my alternate address.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #15
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

@Duchess
I suggest you remove your personal email address or you might get a lot of unwanted spam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #16
Duchess

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Our help is for public consumption so that others learn too, often years after via Google searches. Please work through the steps given in order from the beginning of the thread, asking back any questions you have.

Do not skip any steps as we often find out later the skipped step was the fix.

Once you are caught up on the steps given then we will have more steps.

When I suggested working through Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 I meant all of the steps. There is no substitute for thoroughness in a case like this, unless you want to skip forward to run a Repair Install as a last resort before Clean Reinstalling - Factory OEM Windows 7. These are where the Troubleshooting steps lead anyway.
I understand perfectly why it's better to post here instead of answering question via email.

I have printed the How to clean reinstall a factory OEM Windows 7. If I find some things to difficult for me to do, I have a grown son who is a computer tech who will surely help me. I would rather find a tech who will fix this problem by remote control. By chance would you happen to know of one who works in Southern New Jersey?

I am far from being computer literate, need help like a drowning man needs a life jacket.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #17
Duchess

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
@Duchess
I suggest you remove your personal email address or you might get a lot of unwanted spam.
Believe me when I tell you: that is far from being my personal, or default email address. I didn't just arrive on the boat. But to take your advice I will remove if I can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #18
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
@Duchess
I suggest you remove your personal email address or you might get a lot of unwanted spam.
Believe me when I tell you: that is far from being my personal, or default email address. I didn't just arrive on the boat. But to take your advice I will remove if I can.
A bit of a narky response given it was your interests I had in mind. Some people do inadvertently post a personal email.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #19
Duchess

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
@Duchess
I suggest you remove your personal email address or you might get a lot of unwanted spam.
Believe me when I tell you: that is far from being my personal, or default email address. I didn't just arrive on the boat. But to take your advice I will remove if I can.
A bit of a narky response given it was your interests I had in mind. Some people do inadvertently post a personal email.
My Dear MJF, I'm so sorry if I sounded out of sorts, but that's not the way I intended it to sound. I was attempting to be humorous and I see I failed miserably. I apologize if I offended you in any way. I hope and pray you will accept my humble apologies.

Duchess
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #20
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

That's ok. I worked in NJ for quite a while and should have made an adjustment to my response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 System Restore Failed.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
System Restore failed
Hi, Has anyone tried a system restore from the RC1 install disk? Mine lists about 8 restore points, but when I select one, it tells me that "You must enable System Protection for this drive." and it will not restore.. I understand that from the Brink tutorial on this topic of System Restore, that...
Backup and Restore
System Restore Failed
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and IE 10. I've attached the message I get after trying and failing to do a system restore. It says system restore couldn't access a file probably because an anti-virus program was running (but I turned it off so that's not the problem). The error number is...
Backup and Restore
Windows won't startup, System Repair and System Restore failed.
Gateway DX4720-03, Windows 7 HP 64-bit. Living is south FL can be a bitch when the rains come as there often is a ton of accompanying lightening that plays havoc with the electrical system, even though I have surge protectors inside and outside the house. We just had some very heavy rains with...
General Discussion
System Restore Failed
someone please tell me why my System Restore is failed,it says it cannot optimized and cannot working properly. so can someone tell me how to fix this ?
Backup and Restore
System Restore Failed
After IE 9 was installed and I had several problems. It was uninstalled and I am now running IE 8. I tried to restore to a 2 week prior point and got this measage "Systm restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory for the restore point: And : Source : %SystemRoot%\registration ...
Backup and Restore
Failed System Restore
Hi. I'm posting on behalf of my little sister. I have searched the forum however nothing seems to fit her problem. Make: Compaq Model: 615 Win: 7 Home Premium Spec: AMD Dual Core Athlon X2 QL-66 2.2GHz, 320GB HDD, 2GB RAM, 15.6" HD LED, DVDRW, ATI HD3200 Whilst browsing the internet...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App