thank you folks for all the help,
I will test the suggested solutions within this coming weekend...,
Just a few extra questions...
Now currently I installed fresh copy of windows 7 on that 250 gig drive...,
Now my size of all data on that drive is around 130 gigs, I got a spare 160 gig drive
and new 500 gig drive...,
Can I make the image copy onto the 160 gig drive and then do an image recovery on the new 500 gig drive, I am wondering about the unused sectors 500 gig partition oppose to the 250 gig drive partition...., what will happen with the unused space since the MBR will be cloned of a 250 gig drive... will I have an extra partition on the 500 gig target drive ? will I be able to merge the partition as one ??
and finally what would be the right method to create the image copy recovery,
the way I understand it this way :
1. Remove the volumes and Format both the 160 gig and 500 gig target drive..
2. Make an Image disk onto the 160 gig drive.
3. Do I make the 500 gig volume as active partition adding a drive letter ? or remove
the volume and let windows handle the format while imaging....
4. Disconnect my primary drive
5. Boot from dvdrom with windows 7 recovery mode
6. Enter recovery mode and select 160 gig image source drive
7. Image the drive onto the 500 gig drive.
8. Restart the comp, boot to bios assign the 500 gig drive as the primary drive
9. Boot of that drive to windows
10. Hopefully running imaged windows 7 copy of my new drive with all my programs
Is that the correct process??