|23 Jul 2012||#1|
| || |
I am triying to create a system backup in my computer and when the backup process running, it's status bar reaches somewhere nere to 50% and then it stops and giving a message saying backup did not completed successfuly.
I have faced something similer error messege before and that time it was stuck at somewhere near 20% and gave the above message, I thought it was because I choose my backup location to D: drive which I have all my stuffs.
then I created a separate logical drive for backups ( Thank you shawn for the help ) and then status bar went near to 50% as I sayed above?
recently I accidently deleted some hidden system files which has that locker mark, in my document folder. they were some shortcuts and folders named "Music", "pictures" like that. I serched for those folders and so far I came to know they are called as junk points (dont know whether I am correct or wrong). is it the reason for this ? Will it solve this problem if I format my C: drive again and reinstall windows.
I have attached screenshots of my HDD and error massege.
I did a scan of my system files using SFC /SCANNOW Command and I did not find any errors.
PS :- Shawn I have searched by error code and I found these steps from a member of this forum.
1. Start -> Computer -> Right click -> Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management
2. Right click on the problematic volume (FAT32) - Right click on system (unnamed drive)
3. Select "Change Drive letters and Path"
4. Change it to your desired letter (L or any thing)
5. Right click again as in 2 and select "properties"
6. Name it as anything like "SYS" or "SYSTEM"
7. Start -> RUN command (as adminstrator)
8. type -------->> convert L: /fs:ntfs ------- where L came from 4 above
9. When asked to give the volume name, you give what was made on 6 above
10. Finally, you create system image and do the backup. It should work now
will this OK to change the file system of OS partition of my HDD i'm asking because i dont wanna mess with system files again. Just say "yes" or "No"
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Backup failed somewhere near 50% error - 0x81000032|
|Backup error: Server execution failed (0x80080005)||Backup and Restore|
|Backup failed error 0x8078002A on an external 3Tb drive||Backup and Restore|
|nvidia installer failed error all basic fixes FAILED||Drivers|
|Backup failed at 57% several times with error code 0x81000039||Backup and Restore|
|Failed backup - yet again||Backup and Restore|
|System image backup failed (on the same hard drive). Error 0x80042407||Backup and Restore|
|Windows Backup failed||Backup and Restore|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.