|22 Aug 2012||#11|
| || |
bigmck..and anyone else that is interested
In case you or anyone else that might be interested in removing the Factory Image error aggravation. Or to fix it before the drive is full.
I have that 1st set of instructions on a PDF - if anyone is interested.
They gave me a 2nd set of step-by-step instructions which I copy/past here.
Towards the end I became a little confused looking for 'organize' tab (upper left of screen) I have very little experience at troubleshooting. So what do you expect.
I am using an HP Pavilion Win 7 64 bit computer
I might assume that the other HP computers would have the same settings.
I succeeded in cleaning out my 'D: Factory Image' partition.
But, I had use HPs alternative step-by-step instructions
2nd set of instructions
In order to resolve this issue please perform the steps that are mentioned below:
1. Click on start and then computer.
2. Select D ; drive and open it.
3. Select “Organize”.
4. Click on “Folder and search options”.
5. Click on “View” tab.
6. Put a checkmark next to “show hidden files and folders”.
7. Uncheck box beside options “hide extension for known file types”, “Hide protected operating system files”.
8. Click on apply and ok.
9. Now please select “Preload” and press “Shift+Del” to remove this.
10. It should resolve the issue.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Macrium PE system backup changed Vol. letter?|
|System drive letter changed to E, and windows no longer loads||Hardware & Devices|
|Drive letter changed at startup||Hardware & Devices|
|Hard drive Letter changed||General Discussion|
|System restore changed my C drive letter so can't boot||General Discussion|
|Computer changed HD letter and will not Boot||General Discussion|
|I changed the drive letter and now need help.||Hardware & Devices|
|Hard Drive Letter Changed?||Installation & Setup|