Quote: Originally Posted by Pillars
I can't seem to find any .zhd files however. I installed macrium reflect too but I'm a bit lost understanding how to restore them.
The Windows image
files are .vhd not zhd.
For help with Macrium see Imaging with free Macrium
The method I use to manually restore .zip file/folder backups unzips the lot in a temporary location and retains the file structure automatically. You can do a search to locate any specific folders or files. How to Manually Recover Windows file/folder Backups
This will retain your original directory/folder structure.
1) Right click your file/folder backup named like "JONES-PC". Select Open and choose a backup set folder eg. "Backup Set 2011-06-23 194949".
2) Double click to open the Backup Set folder. You will see a number of Backup Files folders eg. "Backup Files 2011-06-23 194949". One will be large and be the first main backup of the set. The other folders will be smaller and be subsequent incremental backups.
3) Open each "Backup files " folder and there are your backup .zip files. Start with the large "Backup file ..." folder.
4) Create a recovery folder somewhere (say a data partition or an external drive).
5) Install 7-zip
so that it appears as a right click option.
6) Highlight one or more of the .zip files and right click select 7-zip. Highlighting all of them will perform a complete recovery.
7) Choose "Extract files...". Under "Extract to:" browse to your recovery folder.
Ensure "Path mode:" is set to "Full pathnames". Select ok.
8) Do this for all .zip files in each of the "Backup files..." folders.