good day everyone was trying to re install my recovery partition through imagex command using win pe but I'm getting an error while trying to do it wich says "the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present" steps that I'm following are the same extracted from another thread in this forum
1.Burn the PE iso file in a cd.
2.Boot from CD.
3.hit enter if X:\windows\system32 does not appear.
4.Now type diskpart
6.select disk 0
8.Now I identified two important partitions namely dellutility and recovery partitions.
At this point I selected all other partitions and deleted them, e.g. if partition 3 is not one
of the above two important partitions, then type select partition 3 and then type
delete partition Repeat this procedure for any other un-important partition.
9. create partition primary
10. list vol
11. Now identify the volume corresponding to the new primary partition (I did it from its large size)
Suppose it is volume 3. Then type select volume 3.
12. format fs=ntfs quick
13. At this point the newly created volume may not have a drive letter assigned to it. So type exit twice in the command prompt. Then start the machine again and boot from cd.
14.Running the diskpart and list vol command again, figure out the drive letter of recovery and the new volume. Suppose they are C and E repectively.
15. Type C:
17.imagex /apply c:\dell\image\factory.wim 1 e:
18. Also at this point, make e: as active partition and make all other partitions inactive.
by using select partition no. and active/inactive command.
19. When this is done, I typed exit twice and restarted the PC. But now it won't start
and wants for a bcd file inside boot. I have noticed earlier that I had a bcd file inside
the boot folder of the recovery partition, so I copied that to the new volume's boot
folder by using xcopy /h sourcepath/bcd destinationpath.
20. I performed another restart and everything worked like the the day it shipped!
Will I'm getting the error on the last part when using command imagex /apply c:\dell\image\factory.wim 1 e:
any help greatly appreciated