|04 Nov 2012||#1|
| || |
System Restore Empty [Again]
I recently had some issues with my month old Dell N5050 Laptop that required I do a System Restore, After discovering that for some odd reason all my Restore files were gone, I restored the computer to Factory, I set up the Restore option, saved a Restore and made sure to keep some restores, about a week or two later here we are, and all my restore files are gone, I wanted to restore my computer to fix an issue I just posted in here, but I can't, and I really don't have the patience to do another Restore to factory.
So I need help with.
1) How do I turn my System Restore back on?
2) How do I stop it from turning itself off and wiping all my restores?
3) Do you know why it's happening?
|My System Specs|
|05 Nov 2012||#2|
| || |
Hello OTreasaigh and welcome to Seven Forums.
Couple of things to try:
1. Increase the amount of disk space set aside for restore points.
System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage
2. Are you using the native Windows 7 defrag tool or a 3rd party tool? Some 3rd party defrag utilities (like Diskeeper) have a Volume Shadow Service (VSS) setting that must be enabled to prevent defragging and losing restore points. You'd have to either research your defrag tool's user info or post which utility you're using.
Shadow copies may be lost when you defragment a volume
3. Another Microsoft article that may help:
System Restore "restore points" are missing or deleted
4. If the restore points go missing immediately after rebooting your computer, this article may help:
Windows 7 deletes all System Restore Points upon reboot
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: System Restore Empty [Again]|
|System Restore - Restore system settings and previous versions of file||Backup and Restore|
|empty page of backup and restore||Backup and Restore|
|system restore hung up on the “System Restore is initializing screen||Backup and Restore|
|BackUp and Restore creates empty folders?||Backup and Restore|
|Program list empty after malware, how to restore?||General Discussion|
|System Restore Manager: A complete Windows System Restore Management||Backup and Restore|
|System image restore on empty external drive||Backup and Restore|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.