Hello Dusty, and welcome to Seven Forums.
You can use the tutorial below to restore the missing Windows Backup
service to hopefully help afterwards.
Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7
These are the services you need, and what they need to be set to:
- Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - "Manual"
- Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider (SWPRV) - "Manual"
- Remote Procedure Call (RPCSS) - "Automatic"
- COM+ Event System (eventsystem) - "Manual" & "Automatic"
- System Event Notification Service (sens) - "Automatic"
- Windows Backup (SDRSVC) – “Manual”