Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Questİon re restorİng system İmage

21 Jan 2013   #1
EARTH1

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64
 
 
Questİon re restorİng system İmage

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM SP1 X64

Hello,

İ have never had to restore a system image,that i create with W.7's own utility and store on an ext.hard drive,so my question is this:

İf i were to restore a system image,would the internet connection ALSO BE re-established as it was during the creation of the system image ??

İn other words the system would be restored as to how it was,at the time the image was taken.Does this also apply to the internet connection that existed at the time,

OR would i have to do it myself manually??

Thank you.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2013   #2
indianacarnie

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

It will take all your settings back to exactly like you had them when you made the image. So if you've changed isp's since then you'll probably have to set up a connection manually.

Welcome to the forums btw!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #3
EARTH1

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64
 
 

Thank you for the reply and the welcome indianacarnie.

So you're saying that if i haven't changed my isp since the image was taken,then the internet connection will be re-established automatically, WİTHOUT me having to do anything further.İs that correct ?

And do you leave the internet connection ON before you start the restore,OR do you turn it OFF ?
And does it matter either way ?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Jan 2013   #4
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EARTH1 View Post
Thank you for the reply and the welcome indianacarnie.

So you're saying that if i haven't changed my isp since the image was taken,then the internet connection will be re-established automatically, WİTHOUT me having to do anything further.İs that correct ?

And do you leave the internet connection ON before you start the restore,OR do you turn it OFF ?
And does it matter either way ?

Thanks
I system image is a backup of state as it is at backup time. If you restore the image from 12-dec-2012 it's just like... you turn on computer on 12-dec-2012. Date and time will be fine... clock is mantained by bios
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #5
EARTH1

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EARTH1 View Post
Thank you for the reply and the welcome indianacarnie.

So you're saying that if i haven't changed my isp since the image was taken,then the internet connection will be re-established automatically, WİTHOUT me having to do anything further.İs that correct ?

And do you leave the internet connection ON before you start the restore,OR do you turn it OFF ?
And does it matter either way ?

Thanks
I system image is a backup of state as it is at backup time. If you restore the image from 12-dec-2012 it's just like... you turn on computer on 12-dec-2012. Date and time will be fine... clock is mantained by bios


Thanks for the reply,i do know all that you wrote,but my questions above were not answered.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #6
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EARTH1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EARTH1 View Post
Thank you for the reply and the welcome indianacarnie.

So you're saying that if i haven't changed my isp since the image was taken,then the internet connection will be re-established automatically, WİTHOUT me having to do anything further.İs that correct ?

And do you leave the internet connection ON before you start the restore,OR do you turn it OFF ?
And does it matter either way ?

Thanks
I system image is a backup of state as it is at backup time. If you restore the image from 12-dec-2012 it's just like... you turn on computer on 12-dec-2012. Date and time will be fine... clock is mantained by bios


Thanks for the reply,i do know all that you wrote,but my questions above were not answered.
Are you talking about wireless connection or wired? Normally you have internet without doing anything (wired). If you work wireless you have to connect wireless to router. But you did save SSID and password I suppose. So you it connects automatically after logon.

Anyway... after restore it works still the same
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #7
EARTH1

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64
 
 

My connection is wireless,so are you saying that after the restoration of the system image,i would have to MANUALLY reconnect wireless to the router ?
That it would NOT happen automatically ?

''But you did save SSID and password I suppose.'' And how do i do that please ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #8
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EARTH1 View Post
My connection is wireless,so are you saying that after the restoration of the system image,i would have to MANUALLY reconnect wireless to the router ?
That it would NOT happen automatically ?

''But you did save SSID and password I suppose.'' And how do i do that please ?
ALL will work just as it did! So if it did connect automatically ... it does then as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #9
EARTH1

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64
 
 

Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Questİon re restorİng system İmage




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Media Centre only seems to work for one day, after doing system restor
Yesterday I posted in the Windows Media Center section but, as I have had no response whatsoever, I thought I'd try asking here; more people seem to browse the General Discussion. Last week I was having big problems getting my Media Center to play DVD discs; the screen resolution seemed to have...
Media Center
Many windows aplications will not work, aero, update, restor etc...
every time i go to update windows i get a message "windwos update cannot currently check for updates,becuase the service is not running" i have tried restarting my computer a few times, thats not work, also i have tried it re install windows, then i just get the message "windows cannot recive data...
General Discussion
How do I restor my PC to factory settings and is that even what I need
I have formatted about 6 times. I changed a setting in msconfig to make my startup faster, but I accidentally checked a box that the guy didnt check on the tutorial. This is what I did that caused all of these problems. http://min.us/iiHg.gif I accidentally checked the box that said "Maximum...
Backup and Restore
Titan Quest
Is anyone else here a fanatical Titan Quest/Immortal Throne player. By the way, I installed it yesterday on my new Windows 7 computer and it runs fine.
Gaming
IE 8 lost all cookies when comp froze, normal? Restor Q
So my computer froze last night, first time with win7. I had to hit the reset switch on the computer and when it came back to, it had no cookies saved from anything, this was on IE8. Is this normal on win 7? I didnt have this problem on XP and IE 6. Virus scan found nothing so I know its not...
Browsers & Mail
Which versions include image bckp/restor?
Currently using Vista Ult.64 and have appreciated the image backup and restore feature. Which versions of Win7 / 64 include this feature?
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App