Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: System Restore will not setup

13 May 2013   #1

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
System Restore will not setup

I reloaded Win 7 pro 64 on my machine the other day. Now when I go to Windows backup it is not set up. When I click 'set up backup' it opens a dialog box that says 'starting windows backup' and runs for a minute or so then I get the error....


I have tried the suggestions in the System Restore Not Working - Windows 7 x64 thread.




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 May 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

both Volume Shadow Copy service and Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service are started? Please try to start them maually. Errors?

Can you create a manual restore point?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Goto %windir%\logs\WindowsBackup post the contents (make zip file and post)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 May 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Try to start service "Block Level Backup Engine Service" manually. Errors?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #5

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
both Volume Shadow Copy service and Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service are started? Please try to start them maually. Errors?

Can you create a manual restore point?

I had changed the VSC service from manual to auto but did now know about the MSCP service. Changed that to auto and then set a manual restore point.

This fixed things.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Red Raspberry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
both Volume Shadow Copy service and Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service are started? Please try to start them maually. Errors?

Can you create a manual restore point?

I had changed the VSC service from manual to auto but did now know about the MSCP service. Changed that to auto and then set a manual restore point.

This fixed things.

Thanks
So problem is solved?
Both services are setup with startuptype MANUAL by default!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #7

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

No I get the same error when trying to initially 'set up backup'.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #8

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Goto %windir%\logs\WindowsBackup post the contents (make zip file and post)

All that is in that folder are *.eti files

I did get to set a restore point. And the system restore does now work.

The windows backup is still broke. I guess the system restore is what I really want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Red Raspberry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Goto %windir%\logs\WindowsBackup post the contents (make zip file and post)

All that is in that folder are *.eti files

I did get to set a restore point. And the system restore does now work.

The windows backup is still broke. I guess the system restore is what I really want.
Plase answer #4

Post those etl files please (put them in a zip file and post zipfile)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #10

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

I turned on Block Level Backup Engine Service, it was set to manual.

Here's my zip.


Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows backup log.zip (13.2 KB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 System Restore will not setup




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33