Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Winload.exe error 0xc000000f - no solution seems to work - win7 pro 64

14 Mar 2014   #11
Saneman

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

So "compatibility report" pops up saying the installation disc is in use (by the boot I assume) and I should remove disc let windows start normally (sure, rub salt in the wounds) and retry the upgrade option from windows... soooo, if I find a usb drive and boot from there I could theoretically run the setup from the dvd (and upgrade option - which should keep some of my settings/data right?) without interference?

I.e. I want to try the upgrade option in win7 install (upgrade from win7 to win7, yes), which I've been told should keep at least something...

Edit: So it wasn't the hdd which was in use (I got that confused with the chkdsk), sorry for that


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Mar 2014   #12
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Saneman View Post
So "compatibility report" pops up saying the installation disc is in use (by the boot I assume) and I should remove disc let windows start normally (sure, rub salt in the wounds) and retry the upgrade option from windows... soooo, if I find a usb drive and boot from there I could theoretically run the setup from the dvd (and upgrade option - which should keep some of my settings/data right?) without interference?

I.e. I want to try the upgrade option in win7 install (upgrade from win7 to win7, yes), which I've been told should keep at least something...

Edit: So it wasn't the hdd which was in use (I got that confused with the chkdsk), sorry for that
Why are you trying to "Upgrade". Aren't you trying to do a Repair? You are not going to be able to do an "Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 7". You can only Upgrade from Vista. You don't have Vista. You can do a Clean Install, but you don't want to do that. Are you getting XP involved in this Repair at any time?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #13
Saneman

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Saneman View Post
So "compatibility report" pops up saying the installation disc is in use (by the boot I assume) and I should remove disc let windows start normally (sure, rub salt in the wounds) and retry the upgrade option from windows... soooo, if I find a usb drive and boot from there I could theoretically run the setup from the dvd (and upgrade option - which should keep some of my settings/data right?) without interference?

I.e. I want to try the upgrade option in win7 install (upgrade from win7 to win7, yes), which I've been told should keep at least something...

Edit: So it wasn't the hdd which was in use (I got that confused with the chkdsk), sorry for that
Why are you trying to "Upgrade". Aren't you trying to do a Repair? You are not going to be able to do an "Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 7". You can only Upgrade from Vista. You don't have Vista. You can do a Clean Install, but you don't want to do that. Are you getting XP involved in this Repair at any time?
Repair did not work. As mentioned before, upgrade I've been told works even this way win7 to win7 (yes it's only upgrade in name)- so wanted to give it a shot. And I want to try it because it will save some of my data - also mentioned before. A reinstall of the win files while keeping my saved data - I would consider that a repair. But you say it can't be done?
In XP I tried what I can - virus scans, win bcdedits as well and other sw... not sure which direction to go now. Most of the solutions I found were either via the console or via the win7 itself.

I have my reasons why I dont want clean install, but didn't think it necessary to list them until now:
1. Root cause - I have been repairing my pcs myself for years thanks to the internet, I learned a lot and I always believed in finding root cause to not only be able to repair it next time, but also to hopefully prevent it.
2. It took me years to finally decide to move to win7, due to having extremely customized winXP (SWs, saved logins - though many recoverable, it's a pain nevertheless; etc) and it seemed win7 made it more difficult for me to find settings/tools I need. But I decided it was time and worth the effort, so I spent 2 weeks customizing my win7, when it gets to some usable format for me I'm supposed to start all over again? You understand why I'm hesitant, right? And want to try everything other than THAT..


I have obviously offended you in some way, though that was not my intention. Feel free to ignore me, I'll ask somewhere else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2014   #14
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Saneman View Post
I have obviously offended you in some way, though that was not my intention. Feel free to ignore me, I'll ask somewhere else.
Nope, not at all. I am just trying to help. == When you get this problem solved, a very good thing to do is download Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download You should make a copy of you PC files at least every week. When there is a problem you just do a restore which takes about 20 minutes and you are back in business. I have about exhausted all ideas I have to correct your PC. I think a Clean Install is the way to go. I wish you luck. Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #15
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I'm not wise at much of anything but I found a tutorial by Brink who is wise.
Take a look through the tutorial and decide if that is the method you are looking for.
First unhook all drives except the drive with Windows 7 on it.

Repair Install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Winload.exe error 0xc000000f - no solution seems to work - win7 pro 64




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
COM surrogate stopped working error - no solution seems to work
Hi all, I have Windows 7 professional and a minimal set of software installed. I have pretty much exactly the same problem then the one posted here: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136140-com-surrogate-windows-7-64bit.html I keep getting a "COM Surrogate has stopped...
BSOD Help and Support
Boot failure error 0xc000000f win7 | cannot auto-repair
Hi there, i went on break for about 2 weeks, and upon starting up my machine started getting a bsod for unmountable boot volume. tired to restart in safe mode, but none of the options were working , selecting anything would just loop back to the same bsod over & over. i had a recovery...
Backup and Restore
Win7 doesn't start: shows error 0xc000000f
Hi, When I turn on my friend's computer, a screen pops up where I can choose to start Windows normally, or use boot repair (don't know if I translated that correctly though). When I choose the repair option, windows shows the error code 0xc000000f. I made a photo (OS is in Dutch). Things I've...
General Discussion
winload.exe file missin or corrupt, error 0xc000000f
I am using Vista and the computer just restarted for no reason. The problem though the computer will not start. I am at a black screen with the message that the file windows\system32\winload.exe is missing or corrupt. The error code is 0xc000000f. I don't know what to do. The computer is...
General Discussion
0xc000000f missing or corrupt winload.exe
http://www.technoish.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/winload_exe_vista_missing_or_corrupt.jpg can anyone help me with this problem?? I've try to reformat my PC in the same OS which is Windows7 Ultimate 32bit, due to some viruses. I've booted the OS disk, it was normally booted but an accidental...
Performance & Maintenance
w7 installation error 0xc000000f winload.exe
I'm currently running Vista and decided to try out W7 again. I made a partition for w7. It got through the installation process ( did the finalizing setup and analizing video performance things) I got to insert a username and stuff and after that it restarts then I can choose between W7 and Vista....
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App