Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Recover data from a diskpart > clean command

25 Jun 2014   #91
lonewolfs

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

I'll do it and ill be careful


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jun 2014   #92
lonewolfs

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

First it gave me an error which I suppose is due to my disk being USB connected. Then it showed the results almost within seconds. Pasting the screens below.

Recover data from a diskpart > clean command-error.png

Recover data from a diskpart > clean command-snap.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2014   #93
Anshad Edavana

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That is bad news. Backup boot sector is also seems to be wiped and that is why "TestDisk" and "Partition Wizard" deep scans failed to detect a partition. To my knowledge, undeleting the partition is impossible at this point. However the NTFS MFT will be hopefully there without damage. Most of the data recovery tools will be able to recover files with original names and folder structure.

Let's examine whether DMDE can reconstruct the file system. Please follow the below steps.

1. Press the NTFS search button. On the next window, choose "Search".



2. DMDE will now search for a valid NTFS file system. You will see a a window similar to the below example with progress shown in the bottom.



This will be a sector by sector search so will take time to complete. After it completes, take a screenshot and upload with the next reply. Also use the "Save" button and save the search result in a local folder with a name of your choice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jun 2014   #94
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

If it finds the $MFT mirror it can reconstruct the original $MFT. Afterwards you can regenerate the boot sector and backup bootsector from the MFT. Testdisk can do that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2014   #95
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

To add to what has already been decided (that the screenshot of Sector 2048 in post #85 is not a NTFS/Volume Boot Record/Partition Boot Record) here is how a normal NTFS record will show in Bootice . This is just by way of information to all those interested and following this thread.Supplements Kaktussoft's post#86 with a real life sector map.

Recover data from a diskpart > clean command-24-06-2014-13-40-35.jpg

NTFS Flag 4E 54 46 53 MBR Boot Record Signature: 55 AA


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2014   #96
Anshad Edavana

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
If it finds the $MFT mirror it can reconstruct the original $MFT. Afterwards you can regenerate the boot sector and backup bootsector from the MFT. Testdisk can do that!
Theoretically it is possible but for this to work a partition entry with correct values is required. I am still experimenting all possibilities by virtually recreating a damaged partition. Let's check whether DMDE can find the MFT entries and recreate the partition structure.

@lonewolfs

If DMDE found a valid entry after search completes, first save the search result, take snapshot and then click on "Open Volume". Then check whether your original folder structure can be seen like in the below example.




Make sure to not open the volume until the search finishes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2014   #97
lonewolfs

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Hi Anshad, Jumanji and everyone

Sorry it took sometime for me to finish the scan but here it is ...

Please advice me on how to go ahead

Recover data from a diskpart > clean command-dmde_final.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2014   #98
lonewolfs

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

I opened the volume as it said the first one NTFS 0 in my previous post and this one exactly has my the directory structure I intend to recover. Also having kept a lot of patience I am really glad to see the directory structure back

Once more sorry for the late response and I won't do anything in haste right now and wait for your instructions. This is very important that I recover this data

Pasting a snapshot below... and thanks a lot for all the help.

Recover data from a diskpart > clean command-dmde_filesystem_c.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2014   #99
Anshad Edavana

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Great. I really appreciate your patience and willingness to follow instructions .

Yes, it is possible to recover the partition as DMDE confirmed the start sector as 63. Basically what we are going to do is ;

1. Rebuild partition table with found values.

2. Rebuild NTFS Boot sector and backup boot sector.

3. Use CHKDSK to fix the damage caused by DISKPART ( zeroed 1985 sectors between LBA63 and LBA2048 - these sectors may probably contain Index allocation info ).

I would say 90% chance for success and 10% chance for partiality data corruption. If you are ready to take the risk, i will post step by step instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2014   #100
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anshad Edavana View Post
Great. I really appreciate your patience and willingness to follow instructions .

Yes, it is possible to recover the partition as DMDE confirmed the start sector as 63. Basically what we are going to do is ;

1. Rebuild partition table with found values.

2. Rebuild NTFS Boot sector and backup boot sector.

3. Use CHKDSK to fix the damage caused by DISKPART ( zeroed 1985 sectors between LBA63 and LBA2048 - these sectors may probably contain Index allocation info ).

I would say 90% chance for success and 10% chance for partiality data corruption. If you are ready to take the risk, i will post step by step instructions.
It did find the $MFT. NTFS bootsector and backup boot sector can be reconstructed with that information. 1985 sectors are overwritten.... less than 1MB.

Step 1 and 2 won't hurt at all. Step 3 fixes the problems. It doesn't make things worse in my opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Recover data from a diskpart > clean command




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command
How to "Clean" or "Clean All" a Disk with the Diskpart Command This will show you how to use the clean or clean all command on a selected disk to delete all of it's MBR or GPT partitions, volumes, and any hidden sector information on MBR disks is overwritten. The data on the HDD is not...
Tutorials
Recover Partitions from diskpart -> clean command
Hi Guys, I was trying to install windows 7 on my windows 8 laptop (UEFI) and when it didnt allow me to install win7 on partitioned drive I followed YouTube video foolishly and fired diskpart - clean command. everything gone after that. Luckily I didnt do anything after that and referred one of...
Backup and Restore
DISKPART clean performed accidently. how to recover data?
Hello everyone, I had major partition problems and tried fixmbr,fixboot,etc and even rebuilding bcd was not working. I was misguided by one of the other Forums and entered: DISKPART Select Volume 1 DISKPART Clean Volume 1 The Volume has been cleaned where volume 1 was my C...
General Discussion
diskpart / clean, format by accident , need to recover data
Hello, I know it's stupid but i diskpart/clean and formatted while installing windows from cmd, it's a new laptop so i had no other data just (i don't remember exactly) 100GB not more. i installed windows on that formatted disk. I had all data on D Disk (500GB) and now i have only one disk which...
Backup and Restore
Should I clean my HDD with Parted Magic or Diskpart clean all command?
Hi everyone i have a question about HDD Clean and also question about Win 7 64 bit :) I want to wiped out my all HDD data inside i want to delete all information like a brand new HDD. I heard that there is a program called Parted Magic can do this and also Diskpart clean all command too. ...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App