Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Questions about macrium reflect

03 Jul 2014   #1
Max Pen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Questions about macrium reflect

As their support sucks and not responds for a long time to my questions I've asked I assume I can ask them here.

Knowing you all probably know the answer to my question.

Is the single license for unlimited use in your own home? If you got two pcs, can you use it on both?

Is the cost a one time payment for life?

I'm not trying to advertise. Just need to know this info asap.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jul 2014   #2
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Macrium has a free version and several paid versions.

Paid licenses are for one computer only and there are licenses for multiple home computers.

A paid license is lifetime only for the version it was bought under. The latest version will receive updates until the next version comes out. There is at least a year, usually more, between versions so one can get a lot of supported use from a license. One can continue to use a version after the next one comes out but there will be no more updates.

Most people do just fine with the free version of Macrium Reflect Free (here is a good tutorial on how to use Macrium Reflect).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2014   #3
Max Pen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

The free version is though a trial version for 30 days no?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jul 2014   #4
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Max Pen View Post
The free version is though a trial version for 30 days no?
There is a free trial for the paid versions however, the link I posted will take you to a free version that is always free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #5
Mark Phelps

Win7 Pro 32-bit, Win8 Pro 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Max Pen View Post
Is the single license for unlimited use in your own home? If you got two pcs, can you use it on both?
MR is licensed one machine at a time -- but you can always run the free version on as many PCs as you want.

Quote:
Is the cost a one time payment for life?
No, the cost is for a single "version" of MR -- the current one being version 5. When version 6 comes out, you can still continue to use version 5, but it won't be updated anymore and you will have to pay a fee to upgrade to version 6.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2014   #6
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Max Pen View Post
As their support sucks and not responds for a long time to my questions I've asked I assume I can ask them here.
Must respond to this statement... as I disagree STRONGLY.

In fact my own opinion is that product support from Macrium is OUTSTANDING!!!

They theoretically only provide support for their non-free paid versions, so if you're trying to use the free version you shouldn't expect any "support". However my initial experience using the free version years ago encountered a serious defect which was clearly a program problem, and I contacted them. Even though theoretically they didn't provide vendor support for the free version, their own "parental pride-of-authorship" and recognition that the symptoms I was describing were clearly due to a program defect, they almost instantly responded to me (i.e. in under an hour, despite the fact that they're in the UK and I'm in California).

Within a few hours they had corrected the problem in their copy of the code, and provided me with a download link to retrieve it. They also worked with me to provide precise instructions as to how to extricate myself from the consequences of the original program defect. This was of course a serious issue (as anytime you're using a "restore" of a "system image" you had better not have any problems), and I was truly impressed with their willingness to help me... as I had used what was presumably their problem-free version of their program, which was also priced "free".

Subsequently I purchased Macrium Reflect Standard, because I wanted its additional features and also wanted continuing ongoing vendor support and product upgrades. I've been using Macrium Reflect ever since, and have installed it on more than a dozen machines for friends and family. I've repeatedly purchased the "multi-license" copy, which is very reasonably priced for four independent license keys. I then simply use another one of the four license keys on each of the new machines I install the product on.


In my opinion, the Macrium people are superb in providing support for their product.

And the product itself is also superb.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2014   #7
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Max Pen View Post
As their support sucks and not responds for a long time to my questions I've asked I assume I can ask them here.
Must respond to this statement... as I disagree STRONGLY.

In fact my own opinion is that product support from Macrium is OUTSTANDING!!!

They theoretically only provide support for their non-free paid versions, so if you're trying to use the free version you shouldn't expect any "support". However my initial experience using the free version years ago encountered a serious defect which was clearly a program problem, and I contacted them. Even though theoretically they didn't provide vendor support for the free version, their own "parental pride-of-authorship" and recognition that the symptoms I was describing were clearly due to a program defect, they almost instantly responded to me (i.e. in under an hour, despite the fact that they're in the UK and I'm in California).

Within a few hours they had corrected the problem in their copy of the code, and provided me with a download link to retrieve it. They also worked with me to provide precise instructions as to how to extricate myself from the consequences of the original program defect. This was of course a serious issue (as anytime you're using a "restore" of a "system image" you had better not have any problems), and I was truly impressed with their willingness to help me... as I had used what was presumably their problem-free version of their program, which was also priced "free".

Subsequently I purchased Macrium Reflect Standard, because I wanted its additional features and also wanted continuing ongoing vendor support and product upgrades. I've been using Macrium Reflect ever since, and have installed it on more than a dozen machines for friends and family. I've repeatedly purchased the "multi-license" copy, which is very reasonably priced for four independent license keys. I then simply use another one of the four license keys on each of the new machines I install the product on.


In my opinion, the Macrium people are superb in providing support for their product.

And the product itself is also superb.
I also have the four license version. When you consider the license is lifetime, the price is quite reasonable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2016   #8
phenix

windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Lady Fitzgerald would you be so kind as to tell me where a permanently free version
can be found. Not free for 30 days then $70.
I have been using Clonezilla-live for years but recently bought a 250 G SSD and this
killed Clonezilla-live. It won't restore from a 1T HD to a 250G SSD.
Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2016   #9
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by phenix View Post
Lady Fitzgerald would you be so kind as to tell me where a permanently free version
can be found. Not free for 30 days then $70.
I have been using Clonezilla-live for years but recently bought a 250 G SSD and this
killed Clonezilla-live. It won't restore from a 1T HD to a 250G SSD.
Thank you
Macrium Reflect Free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Questions about macrium reflect




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
First use of Macrium Reflect: Questions
Because it has been highly recommended by several 7forum posters, I downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect Free (version 5.3.7220; in the meantime I have updated to 5.3.7253). On first use of the program, a couple of unexpected things happened. First thing I did was create a Rescue Disk...
Backup and Restore
Macrium reflect questions
Hi I am getting ready to do my first image backup using Macrium and I had a couple questions. 1) About 2 weeks ago when I first downloaded the program I made a rescue disc for Macrium reflect per their instructions. However since that time, I have added a new external drive (which will be the...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect
I have Macrium and have restored with it a couple of times with no problem. What I am wondering is that if my HD were fried and I had to get a new one, would Macrium backup to a new formated drive just as easy?
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect
I have made a query on this before but my memory is getting very short these days. Its regarding the Macrium Reflect software. I accidently deleted a section of Microsoft Office OneNote and I want to restore it from the backup file using copy paste. I go into the drive where my backups are...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect
I have downloaded and used Macrium Reflect Free Version to do a backup of my system, then I created a boot disk and done a restore. I found it quite good and easy to use but was wondering if I can restore single folders or files with this software. If anyone has any information on this I would be...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect
When you buy this program you get a Windows PE recovery download. Is Windows PE compatible with Windows 7 64 bit or is it only good on 32 bit systems.
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App