Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command

12 Mar 2016   #11
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Get a true solid state drive, not a hybrid.

Store your data on your current hard drive.

That is the perfect scenario.

SSD 850 PRO 2.5” SATA III MZ-7KE512BW | Memory & Storage

or

SSD 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB | Samsung Solid State Drives


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Mar 2016   #12
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

OK, let it complete. Patience is virtue.

From what I see and infer, your last partition on which you have your data seems to be alright. ( The recovery wizard does show that partition as existing.) But you are unable to access it since Sector 0 that had the MBR and Partition table has been wiped to zeros.

Once Quick Scan completes, follow the instructions below carefully.

Put a tick mark in the square ( by clicking on it) of the only partition showing. Starting LBA 358973447 Ending LBA 1250260991 - 425.00GB - Existing.

Sample screenshot:

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-12-03-2016-18-54-47.jpg

Double click on it. You will get a Partition Explorer Window. Does it show all/ most of your files?

Close that Partition Explorer Window and click on Finish.

That will take you to the PW main Window. Go to the Top Menu Bar and click on APPLY

Note: If Apply is greyed out, do not worry. Just post a screenshot of the Main Window.

Yes, if Apply goes through successfully or greyed out, I need to see the screenshot of the main Window.

After taking the screenshot close PW.

After seeing the screenshot I shall post further instructions.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2016   #13
mimo4019

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Get a true solid state drive, not a hybrid.

Store your data on your current hard drive.

That is the perfect scenario.

SSD 850 PRO 2.5” SATA III MZ-7KE512BW | Memory & Storage

or

SSD 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB | Samsung Solid State Drives
Thanks for your attention, should I use SSD you mean for better performance or ?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
OK, let it complete. Patience is virtue.

From what I see and infer, your last partition on which you have your data seems to be alright. ( The recovery wizard does show that partition as existing.) But you are unable to access it since Sector 0 that had the MBR and Partition table has been wiped to zeros.

Once Quick Scan completes, follow the instructions below carefully.

Put a tick mark in the square ( by clicking on it) of the only partition showing. Starting LBA 358973447 Ending LBA 1250260991 - 425.00GB - Existing.

Sample screenshot:

Attachment 383342

Double click on it. You will get a Partition Explorer Window. Does it show all/ most of your files?

Close that Partition Explorer Window and click on Finish.

That will take you to the PW main Window. Go to the Top Menu Bar and click on APPLY

Note: If Apply is greyed out, do not worry. Just post a screenshot of the Main Window.

Yes, if Apply goes through successfully or greyed out, I need to see the screenshot of the main Window.

After taking the screenshot close PW.

After seeing the screenshot I shall post further instructions.
Quick scan is now running for about 80 hours.

As I said in the beginning of my third post, I've written the TestDisk result shown in my first post. Should I do anything regarding this?


Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-2_quickscan.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2016   #14
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

OK, Quick Scan has been obnoxiously slow. We shall not wait for it to complete but take a bite now.

Put a tick mark in the square ( by clicking on it) of the only partition showing. Starting LBA 358973447 Ending LBA 1250260991 - 425.00GB - Existing.

Double click on it. You will get a Partition Explorer Window. Does it show all/ most of your files? Yes/No

Close that Partition Explorer Window and click on Cancel to terminate Quick Scan.

It should take you PW main screen. Post a screenshot and then close PW.

We shall not do anything with TestDisk now. What I believe is you have written the partition table to the sector 0 . And that is why the partition is shown as existing. But still TestDisk is saying File System is corrupt. In the next step we shall do a sector examination with bootice and see what it holds in sector 0, sector 358973447 and also roll up from that sector and see whether those are populated with data. Quite an exercise and be prepared.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #15
mimo4019

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
OK, Quick Scan has been obnoxiously slow. We shall not wait for it to complete but take a bite now.

Put a tick mark in the square ( by clicking on it) of the only partition showing. Starting LBA 358973447 Ending LBA 1250260991 - 425.00GB - Existing.

Double click on it. You will get a Partition Explorer Window. Does it show all/ most of your files? Yes/No

Close that Partition Explorer Window and click on Cancel to terminate Quick Scan.

It should take you PW main screen. Post a screenshot and then close PW.

We shall not do anything with TestDisk now. What I believe is you have written the partition table to the sector 0 . And that is why the partition is shown as existing. But still TestDisk is saying File System is corrupt. In the next step we shall do a sector examination with bootice and see what it holds in sector 0, sector 358973447 and also roll up from that sector and see whether those are populated with data. Quite an exercise and be prepared.)
Attached the screenshots you've asked for. The partition explorer doesn't show any files or folders exactly as if I explored the partition from the PW main windows as attached. The last screenshot is for the message appears if I tried to open the partition from Windows Explorer.

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-3_quickscan.jpg

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-4_quickscan.jpg

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-5_quickscan.jpg

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-6_quickscan.jpg

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-7_quickscan.jpg

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-pw-8_quickscan.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #16
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Of course for better performance, a hybrid drive just boots fast, but once you`re in windows it`s still a mechanical slow hard drive, go solid state all the way.

I posted 2 excellent choices.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #17
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

OK, now run check disk on that external drive. Please make sure to remove all other external drives.

Open Command prompt. Start > All programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

Type
CHKDSK F: /f /v /r /x Press enter. Note: Replace F: with the actual drive letter of the external drive. There is a space before every / (If you are sure that the drive is F:, then you can simply copy the command and paste it.)

Allow check disk to complete. On completion reboot and check whether your drive is accessible.

Do not abort checkdisk at anytime. That could make matters worse.

If it aborts by itself its ok. We have no control over it. But in such a case write down any error message it throws and post it verbatim.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #18
mimo4019

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Of course for better performance, a hybrid drive just boots fast, but once you`re in windows it`s still a mechanical slow hard drive, go solid state all the way.

I posted 2 excellent choices.
Thanks. I'll purchase the 850 evo 250GB and use the current drive for data.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
OK, now run check disk on that external drive. Please make sure to remove all other external drives.

Open Command prompt. Start > All programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

Type
CHKDSK F: /f /v /r /x Press enter. Note: Replace F: with the actual drive letter of the external drive. There is a space before every / (If you are sure that the drive is F:, then you can simply copy the command and paste it.)

Allow check disk to complete. On completion reboot and check whether your drive is accessible.

Do not abort checkdisk at anytime. That could make matters worse.

If it aborts by itself its ok. We have no control over it. But in such a case write down any error message it throws and post it verbatim.
Check disk aborted.

Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command-chkdsk-aborted.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #19
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

OK, Let me think about it and comeback.

Whenever you post a screenshot take a snap of only the Window that is needed. That will be large and readable. We do not need to see any background which in this case occupies almost useless 80% with the required Window only at 20% and almost unreadable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2016   #20
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Let us explore your drive again with Test Disk. May be a repetition but you are doing it now under my control .
Run TestDisk again, and follow these steps: Be sure you have only the faulty external drive is connected.

A. At the first window, select “No Log” and press the <Enter> key.
B. Select which disk to analyse, choose “Proceed” and <Enter>. ( Choose Disk not drive)
C. Select partition type – Intel if it’s a PC then <Enter>.
D. Choose Advanced > press <Enter>.
E. Choose Boot > press <Enter>.

Post the resultant screen. Remember I only want that Window not the full screen in the background. I shall see it only tomorrow morning that is about 10 hours from now. Post the screenshot and then quit TestDisk. We shall continue after I see the screenshot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Recover partition after aborted diskpart clean all command




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Recover data from a diskpart > clean command
This must be my one time blunder but I did manage to clean my 2TB backup external HDD in an attempt to clean a pendrive to make a bootable pendrive for installing Windows 8. Now the help file for the diskpart > clean command says only the MBR partitioning information and hidden sector...
Backup and Restore
Recover Partitions from diskpart -> clean command
Hi Guys, I was trying to install windows 7 on my windows 8 laptop (UEFI) and when it didnt allow me to install win7 on partitioned drive I followed YouTube video foolishly and fired diskpart - clean command. everything gone after that. Luckily I didnt do anything after that and referred one of...
Backup and Restore
Recover data from diskpart > clean command
Hi everyone, with my luck I have accidentally executed diskpart > clean command on my 1tb external hard drive. I stopped right after though, realizing what i have done. Is it at all possible to recover the data from the hard drive? It had the personal data of my family - pictures, videos,...
Backup and Restore
Restore Partition/Recover Files after Diskpart clean & format
Hi all, I got myself into a bit of a muck here. While trying to create a bootable USB, I accidentally selected the wrong USB disk (my back up USB disk that contained the manual I was using), & ended up clearing it out. The exact commands I ran are as below:- Diskpart Select disk 1 (my bad...
Backup and Restore
Recover data from an accidental diskpart / clean command
Hey folks, What I did: Within CMD>diskpart>Select disk, i ran the clean (not clean all) command on a different drive than intended, (the goal was to recover a partition of a USB thumb drive), and ended up cleaning an external data drive (3TB), and would love to find out that my data is not lost....
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App