Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to reset Windows Backup last backup date?

04 Jun 2016   #1
BuIlDaLiBlE

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 
How to reset Windows Backup last backup date?

Hello. I want to reset last backup date. I did reset all backup settings (by removing registry entries), but this message still remains:

I believe this info is stored somewhere, I even tried searching the registry for the displayed time, but end up with no result. Please, if someone knows where this is stored, can you share your knowledge?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jun 2016   #2
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

There are 2 types of back-up within the OS,
System restore >> kept on your PC
System Back-up the 1 your getting the error message for.
This back-up option ask's you to SAVE it to a specific location, you have to choose where you want it to go, usually external media (cd/usb etc).
If your happy with just the restore points on your comp, just click on the BLUE turn off messages line.

Roy

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2016   #3
BuIlDaLiBlE

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
There are 2 types of back-up within the OS,
System restore >> kept on your PC
System Back-up the 1 your getting the error message for.
This back-up option ask's you to SAVE it to a specific location, you have to choose where you want it to go, usually external media (cd/usb etc).
If your happy with just the restore points on your comp, just click on the BLUE turn off messages line.

Roy

Roy
That's the deal, I don't want to turn it off. I want it to show that backup wasn't set up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2016   #4
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BuIlDaLiBlE View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
There are 2 types of back-up within the OS,
System restore >> kept on your PC
System Back-up the 1 your getting the error message for.
This back-up option ask's you to SAVE it to a specific location, you have to choose where you want it to go, usually external media (cd/usb etc).
If your happy with just the restore points on your comp, just click on the BLUE turn off messages line.

Roy

Roy
That's the deal, I don't want to turn it off. I want it to show that backup wasn't set up.
Sounds like you want this,

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2016   #5
BuIlDaLiBlE

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BuIlDaLiBlE View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
There are 2 types of back-up within the OS,
System restore >> kept on your PC
System Back-up the 1 your getting the error message for.
This back-up option ask's you to SAVE it to a specific location, you have to choose where you want it to go, usually external media (cd/usb etc).
If your happy with just the restore points on your comp, just click on the BLUE turn off messages line.

Roy

Roy
That's the deal, I don't want to turn it off. I want it to show that backup wasn't set up.
Sounds like you want this,

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration
Already tried that, as I've mentioned.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2016   #6
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

The only other place i think you might be able to find it is
Task Scheduler
Controlpanel>> adminTools>> taskScheduler>TaskschedulerLibrary>Microsoft>Windows>windowsbackup

Top box shows next and last dates

Roy


Attached Thumbnails
How to reset Windows Backup last backup date?-tsdates.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2016   #7
BuIlDaLiBlE

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
The only other place i think you might be able to find it is
Task Scheduler
Controlpanel>> adminTools>> taskScheduler>TaskschedulerLibrary>Microsoft>Windows>windowsbackup

Top box shows next and last dates

Roy
I removed scheduling too, yeah. But no last backup date is showing there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to reset Windows Backup last backup date?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM
Hello, I have been searching on how to correct this error. When I open Windows 7 Backup Program, I'm getting the "Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM"? I have been changing it to eveyday at 6 p.m. and run the backup. After a reboot it changes back to "Next backup date shows as...
Backup and Restore
(windows Backup) deleting old backup states simple question
I got a simple question, let me explain it like an example: Let's say I backup 100GB of data with Windows Backup and over the time where I do all my backups there is like only 30GB of data which changed from those 100GB and also new files were added. Now my external drive is full. When I now delete...
Backup and Restore
backup date on windows 7 box with software need insight
Hello, I need some insight on how to backup my windows 7 ultimate box. windows 7 is on C:\ drive by itself some apps installed it is a 200gig sata drive. then i have as drive I:\ applications as a seperate drive as a RAID 0 800gig. these drives are not completely full. I need to know how i can...
Backup and Restore
backup files by modified date
Hello I need to perform incremental backup of my computer. But I wish to backup only files modified later than a certain date. How can that be done? thank you Beni Mor
Backup and Restore
When Backup Runs, Windows Reports Backup Target Disk Removed
My Win 7 x64 machine (Dell) has three hard drives in it. The original 2TB Seagate with the operating system on it, C:, a 2TB WD used for data storage,F:, ..and a 1TB Seagate repurposed from the XP computer it replaced. That last drive contains only data as that was its purpose in the previous...
Backup and Restore
Backup takes 800GB? Manage Windows Backup Disk Space
How do I control how much disk space my Windows Backup takes up? I have a 1TB external disk for backups and other files. My computer's HDD only has about 250GB capacity. I don't know why my backups file got so bloated. What should I do? I see that I can delete the older backup file: 22-Oct to...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App