Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 System restore problem no restore points


24 Dec 2009   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post

you know we are all guessing at this point. Are all drives formatted NTFS?
Good catch Rich i didn't think of that

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2009   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Ran the scan no integrity violations were found. Both drives are NFTS formatted. I am hoping microsoft addresses this problem soon as it seems to be pretty prevalent
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #13

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cjacktenenbaum View Post
Ran the scan no integrity violations were found. Both drives are NFTS formatted. I am hoping microsoft addresses this problem soon as it seems to be pretty prevalent
I really think that this might be the answer and if it is, its very simple. Turn SR off Then Turn it on again. I am fairly sure that it will work. Just go to help and support for informtion on how to turn off. I just recalled that I gave this information to another and it worked. To give it the best chance of working, shut off computer with SR off, then boot up and turn it on. Come back and tell me that it worked so that we both will feel great for Christmas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Dec 2009   #14

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cjacktenenbaum View Post
Ran the scan no integrity violations were found. Both drives are NFTS formatted. I am hoping microsoft addresses this problem soon as it seems to be pretty prevalent
I really think that this might be the answer and if it is, its very simple. Turn SR off Then Turn it on again. I am fairly sure that it will work. Just go to help and support for informtion on how to turn off. I just recalled that I gave this information to another and it worked. To give it the best chance of working, shut off computer with SR off, then boot up and turn it on. Come back and tell me that it worked so that we both will feel great for Christmas.

Been a couple days since I have been able to get on here. I hope everyone had a good Holiday. I tried turning off SR, restarting, and turning it back on. Unfortunately no luck. Really scratching my head on this one as I did a clean windows 7 installation and I have used none of my memory yet as I wanted to resolve this issue first.

If there are any other suggestions out there I would appreciate them. Thanks for all the help from everyone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #15

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
 
 

I have been looking into using System Restore to help me around the problems I have been having with my Spooler which I cannot seem to restart.

I have looked at the list of restore points and the only ones I can see are two recent ones from a Java update. It is apparent that somehow the System Restore tool got switched off and as a result all of my restore points have been deleted. I don't know how that happened as i would have a clue how to do it and what's more, with it now showing a couple of restore points, I don't know how it switched back on!

So how can I turn the clock back on my computer to before I had these Spooler problems?

If I had known how important it was to create these points I would have been a bit more diligent.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #16

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barneyboy48 View Post
I have been looking into using System Restore to help me around the problems I have been having with my Spooler which I cannot seem to restart.

I have looked at the list of restore points and the only ones I can see are two recent ones from a Java update. It is apparent that somehow the System Restore tool got switched off and as a result all of my restore points have been deleted. I don't know how that happened as i would have a clue how to do it and what's more, with it now showing a couple of restore points, I don't know how it switched back on!

So how can I turn the clock back on my computer to before I had these Spooler problems?

If I had known how important it was to create these points I would have been a bit more diligent.
If the restore points are gone, there is no way to retrieve them.

I suggest keeping an eye on your restore points. Make sure one is created each day. You can manually create a restore point if you need to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #17

windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)
 
 

I am a basic member an one of my notebooks has windows 7 Home Premium. When I try to create a system restore point..I can not create a restore point. The message says : The restore point can not be created for the following reasons..The specified object was not found (Ox80042308). Please try again.

Kindly help me.
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #18
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello leonbakhan.





In the Windows start search box type " services " and have a look at this.

click to enlarge
Windows 7 System restore problem  no restore points-vol.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2010   #19

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit
 
 

I don't know if this will have any effect on this problem but if you have Norton AV or NIS you have to go into settings Miscellaneous and uncheck tamper protection or it will mess up your system restore. Got that from the Norton Forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #20

windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)
 
 
Help needed here too..

I have a similar problem, only thing is that my newest restore points get deleted and only the initial restore point which was created after installation and back up remains. The restore points are created automatically as well as manually and they remain there for a couple of days and then they disappear except the initial one.
My OS is win 7 home premium
intel core 2 duo with 4GB ram
about 40 GB is allocated for the restore point storage.
My anti-virus is nortan 360 premium 4.
I did sfc/scannow and there is no problem with the os.
Kindly help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 System restore problem no restore points




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33