Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Restore with Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition


16 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Restore with Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition

I am a long time user of Acronis True Image in XP to backup both my data and also my system partition. In XP I have several times restored my system partition and thus saved my bacon.

I am now in W 7 64 bit and someone suggested that Paragon's "Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition was something to try because there have been problems with Acronis in Windows 7. What I am interested in finding out is if the images (they are image backups, aren't they?) made by Paragon's software have been successfully used to restore the C: drive in W 7 64 bit. I saw a message from someone who said that he could not get it to restore forcing him to reinstall and from someone else who said that it trashed his drive. So I am looking to hear from some who know it will restore a system partition successfully.

Other suggestions that users have found to work well not only in backing up but also in restoring system partitions?
Thank you.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

I have used Paragon's Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition about 3 times now,in a word, flawless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Minotar View Post
I have used Paragon's Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition about 3 times now,in a word, flawless.
Thank you for replying.
Does that mean you have successfully restored the *system* 3 times or that you restored files from the data partition?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Minotar View Post
I have used Paragon's Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition about 3 times now,in a word, flawless.
Thank you for replying.
Does that mean you have successfully restored the *system* 3 times or that you restored files from the data partition?
The C: partition,never ran into any problems with the data partition as of yet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

So that means we still do not know if Paragon's backup will work for its critical purpose of restoring the system. That is what has me concerned because I read some messages on this forum of people who said it trashed their drives, etc. Doing regular file backups is easy; restoring a system is what is critically needed in an image backup tool. Acronis saved my ass several times in my XP systems but I heard it too has trouble with W 7.

Has anyone had actual experience using Paragon's tool to *restore* a W 7 system partition?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
So that means we still do not know if Paragon's backup will work for its critical purpose of restoring the system. That is what has me concerned because I read some messages on this forum of people who said it trashed their drives, etc. Doing regular file backups is easy; restoring a system is what is critically needed in an image backup tool. Acronis saved my ass several times in my XP systems but I heard it too has trouble with W 7.

Has anyone had actual experience using Paragon's tool to *restore* a W 7 system partition?
I think you misunderstood me,my partition layout is as follows.
C: (300GB) D200GB)
I kept certain .exe files and other files i want to have a duble of on D volume while i keep most of my programs and system files and boot on C:

It will restore a system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Restore with Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Restore with Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition
Thread Forum
Recovery, Backup, and Restore in Win 7 UEFI 64bit Backup and Restore
Free today: Paragon Backup and Recovery Compact Edition Backup and Restore
D recovery drive missing from backup and restore Backup and Restore
Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 and System Backup 9.5 Free till 7/12 Backup and Restore
Windows 7 Backup and Restore Free Space Problem Backup and Restore
D'load Free Win 7 Win NT Backup Restore Utility. Backup and Restore
Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Compact free! Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33