Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acronis True Image WD Edition able to clone Win7 32bit?


13 Apr 2010   #1

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
Acronis True Image WD Edition able to clone Win7 32bit?

Hi All,
Is it Acronis True Image WD Edition Software able to clone Windows 7 32bit edition to new hardisk? After clone, will Windows 7 able to start without any problem?

I bought a new larger hd & plan to move my Windows 7 to new hd & format my old 1.

Thank you.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sanme98 View Post
Hi All,
Is it Acronis True Image WD Edition Software able to clone Windows 7 32bit edition to new hardisk? After clone, will Windows 7 able to start without any problem?

I bought a new larger hd & plan to move my Windows 7 to new hd & format my old 1.

Thank you.
Yes.

Did it for my 64-bit install. No problems whatsoever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sanme98 View Post
Hi All,
Is it Acronis True Image WD Edition Software able to clone Windows 7 32bit edition to new hardisk? After clone, will Windows 7 able to start without any problem?

I bought a new larger hd & plan to move my Windows 7 to new hd & format my old 1.

Thank you.
I went to the page as shown, is this a fee edition?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Apr 2010   #4
Microsoft MVP

 

As long as drive is WD, then it looks like a good choice.

Cloning normally will copy the MBR, but in case it doesn't boot your Windows 7 DVD Repair console or Repair CD, click through to recovery tools to run Startup Repair at least 3 separate times to make sure the MBR is intact on Windows 7. This will always work as long as Windows 7 is marked active.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
As long as drive is WD, then it looks like a good choice.
Yes, very important -- you must have at least one WD drive ... externals count too

The default setting is just to copy the Windows 7 partition. Check the 100MB partition and the Windows 7 partition and copy them both. You should have no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Look at the copy and paste from the user manual below.

I take that to mean that it isn't enough for the source drive to be WD brand and that in fact the destination drive must be WD brand.

I have used the product successfully to make images, but have not yet done a restore.

All my drives are WD, so I cannot say for sure if it would fail if a restore or clone were attempted to a Seagate, for instance.

Given the wording, I think one would be foolish to assume it will restore to other brands, but I'd certainly like to see someone step in here and say they have successfully done so.


Attached Thumbnails
Acronis True Image WD Edition able to clone Win7 32bit?-wd-1.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Look at the copy and paste from the user manual below.

I take that to mean that it isn't enough for the source drive to be WD brand and that in fact the destination drive must be WD brand.

I have used the product successfully to make images, but have not yet done a restore.

All my drives are WD, so I cannot say for sure if it would fail if a restore or clone were attempted to a Seagate, for instance.

Given the wording, I think one would be foolish to assume it will restore to other brands, but I'd certainly like to see someone step in here and say they have successfully done so.
In reality, it only requires that one drive within the system be a WD. I used it to restore an image saved on a WD external drive to a Kingston SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2010   #8

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 

Friends,
use this. DiscWizard | Seagate


if you have different HDD manuf, just hold alt/T/O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acronis True Image WD Edition able to clone Win7 32bit?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Acronis True Image WD Edition able to clone Win7 32bit?
Thread Forum
Solved Acronis True Image 2011 corrupted Win7 Back up and Restore function Backup and Restore
how acronis true image home different from win7 backup and restore Backup and Restore
Solved Does anyone know how to use Acronis true Image Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image 10. How does it Work? Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image doubts Backup and Restore
Acronis True Image Home 11 - is it OK with 7 Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33