Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your Unigine Valley scores (Extreme Preset)

28 Nov 2013   #31
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Thanks Ryan.

Are the 770s 2gb? I know most are and the 280X are all 3gb so that is something to consider.

From what I understand the 770s are rebranded 680s and the 280s are 7970s so not much in them performance wise.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2013   #32
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Thanks Ryan.

Are the 770s 2gb? I know most are and the 280X are all 3gb so that is something to consider.

From what I understand the 770s are rebranded 680s and the 280s are 7970s so not much in them performance wise.
Yup both cards are just a re-branded
Yes chap the 770's are 2Gb cards but I'll never be gaming on multi screen's so that's not a problem unless I can actually find a 4Gb 770 gaming, Whichever I chose will be with the MSI cooler. I know most 7970's will beat a 680 when slightly tweaked but one thing is making me lean towards the 770's is Nvidia drivers are better with multi cards than AMD drivers and less of a pits to install the drivers too.
I may get better performance with AMD cards as I'm running an AMD chip but I don't know lol

They're both pretty ,much the same price too and Nvidia chucks the 3 games at you too, Not sure what the sketch is with the Never settle bundles.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #33
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Thanks Ryan.

Are the 770s 2gb? I know most are and the 280X are all 3gb so that is something to consider.

From what I understand the 770s are rebranded 680s and the 280s are 7970s so not much in them performance wise.
Yup both cards are just a re-branded
Yes chap the 770's are 2Gb cards but I'll never be gaming on multi screen's so that's not a problem unless I can actually find a 4Gb 770 gaming, Whichever I chose will be with the MSI cooler. I know most 7970's will be a 680 when slightly tweaked but one thing is making me lean towards the 770's is Nvidia drivers are better with multi cards than AMD drivers and less of a pits to install the drivers too.
I may get better performance with AMD cards as I'm running an AMD chip but I don't know lol

They're both pretty ,much the same price too and Nvidia chucks the 3 games at you too, Not sure what the sketch is with the Never settle bundles.
After having battles over AMD and Intel Nvidia and such they all work the same together nothing will work better being all AMD or all intel Nvida it took some time but it's a myth

When comparing Unigene and other Benches i come on top and then some but obviously people with the new big boy toys will beat me out not by a mile but it's noticeable for what it's worth performance still lays with the drivers and the CPU speed and stability those and a fat OC to the card play a real roll in getting there

I think what your issue is with your cards they don't overclock well and that is the real bottleneck not your system i think it's running awesome but the palit cards may well be the enemy here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Dec 2013   #34
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

After having battles over AMD and Intel Nvidia and such they all work the same together nothing will work better being all AMD or all intel Nvida it took some time but it's a myth
Yeah it was just a thought but either way it wouldn't of influenced my decision.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
When comparing Unigene and other Benches i come on top and then some but obviously people with the new big boy toys will beat me out not by a mile but it's noticeable for what it's worth performance still lays with the drivers and the CPU speed and stability those and a fat OC to the card play a real roll in getting there

I think what your issue is with your cards they don't overclock well and that is the real bottleneck not your system i think it's running awesome but the palit cards may well be the enemy here
Yup it's all in the tweaking enit chap
I totally agree with you in the fact my Palit's are the enemy lol, At stock they perform well for what they are but the cooler is crap. I don't know if hey'd clock any better with better cooling and don't plan on finding out. I might keep one of them to go in the rig I build for the Mrs and ghetto mod a closed loop cooler onto it but I won't bother trying to squeeze anything out of it.
I had planned to get get a couple of the MSI 770's until I realized the 780 version is only an extra 60 ish notes. So I shall save the extra and get a couple of those How long it takes me though is anyone's guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #35
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

After having battles over AMD and Intel Nvidia and such they all work the same together nothing will work better being all AMD or all intel Nvida it took some time but it's a myth
Yeah it was just a thought but either way it wouldn't of influenced my decision.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
When comparing Unigene and other Benches i come on top and then some but obviously people with the new big boy toys will beat me out not by a mile but it's noticeable for what it's worth performance still lays with the drivers and the CPU speed and stability those and a fat OC to the card play a real roll in getting there

I think what your issue is with your cards they don't overclock well and that is the real bottleneck not your system i think it's running awesome but the palit cards may well be the enemy here
Yup it's all in the tweaking enit chap
I totally agree with you in the fact my Palit's are the enemy lol, At stock they perform well for what they are but the cooler is crap. I don't know if hey'd clock any better with better cooling and don't plan on finding out. I might keep one of them to go in the rig I build for the Mrs and ghetto mod a closed loop cooler onto it but I won't bother trying to squeeze anything out of it.
I had planned to get get a couple of the MSI 770's until I realized the 780 version is only an extra 60 ish notes. So I shall save the extra and get a couple of those How long it takes me though is anyone's guess.
Sounds like a sweet plan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #36
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Sounds like a sweet plan
If it work's out Knowing my luck it will take a good while so they may come down in price a tad more hopefully. We shall see
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #37
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

After having battles over AMD and Intel Nvidia and such they all work the same together nothing will work better being all AMD or all intel Nvida it took some time but it's a myth
Yeah it was just a thought but either way it wouldn't of influenced my decision.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
When comparing Unigene and other Benches i come on top and then some but obviously people with the new big boy toys will beat me out not by a mile but it's noticeable for what it's worth performance still lays with the drivers and the CPU speed and stability those and a fat OC to the card play a real roll in getting there

I think what your issue is with your cards they don't overclock well and that is the real bottleneck not your system i think it's running awesome but the palit cards may well be the enemy here
Yup it's all in the tweaking enit chap
I totally agree with you in the fact my Palit's are the enemy lol, At stock they perform well for what they are but the cooler is crap. I don't know if hey'd clock any better with better cooling and don't plan on finding out. I might keep one of them to go in the rig I build for the Mrs and ghetto mod a closed loop cooler onto it but I won't bother trying to squeeze anything out of it.
I had planned to get get a couple of the MSI 770's until I realized the 780 version is only an extra 60 ish notes. So I shall save the extra and get a couple of those How long it takes me though is anyone's guess.
Sounds like a sweet plan
It's the plan of the century!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #38
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post

It's the plan of the century!
I think you're referring to how long it will take me lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #39
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post

It's the plan of the century!
I think you're referring to how long it will take me lol
lol i will get mine someday too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2013   #40
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post

It's the plan of the century!
I think you're referring to how long it will take me lol
lol i will get mine someday too
Yeah they're proper pricey aren't they
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your Unigine Valley scores (Extreme Preset)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show us your Unigine Heaven benchmark scores!
Download link for Unigine Heaven: Download Heaven DX11 Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR) Leaderboard 0ApRqWFPoE67SdHN3Y3BHbnItcUp0UFhrX1ZGODh0S0E Here's my score:
Benchmarks
Show us your Unigine Sanctuary Score
Okay, we have all the others, now try Sanctuary Sanctuary Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR) azKNaRD221M Here is mine
Benchmarks
My new MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Unigine Heaven scores.
MSI Twin Frozr Radeon 7950 3GB (Overclocked) (Yes it was my christmas present!) Well here are my results after getting my new GPU installed. I had some problems at first because I switched from Nvidia to AMD and it was a pain to get the drivers working how I wanted. I have it overclocked quite a...
Graphic Cards
What's your Unigine Valley score?
What is your Unigine Valley Benchmark score? Valley Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR) Here is my score on basic settings.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Unigine Heaven 4 Benchmark scores
Hi, I made this thread so we can share the results of our benchmark scores from unigine heaven 4.0. If you want to post your result, all you have to do is go to this site , download it and install it. Run it in the Extreme preset, save the results somewhere you can find, print screen the...
Graphic Cards
Valley Benchmark by Unigine
Features Extreme hardware stability testing Per-frame GPU temperature and clock monitoring Multi-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X Advanced visual technologies: dynamic sky, volumetric clouds, sun shafts, DOF, ambient occlusion Multi-Platform support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X 64 000...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App