Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SF Benchmarking rules and general discussion.

29 May 2014   #51
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

From what I gather after a little reading, it's a benchmark for Gaming laptops and mid range PC's. It will be available for free as an add on to 3d Mark when it's released so basically there will be 4 benchmarks included with Firestrike obviously being the toughest.

It should still be fun to run though and I am sure we can start a thread for it as new benchmarks have been a little thin on the ground lately lol.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 May 2014   #52
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Yes Paul, I'll be impressed with the scores some of these rigs, like yours, when you run a benchmark made for a laptop. Won't it be like using a sledge hammer to swat a fly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2014   #53
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

SkyDiver is for Gaming laptops and mid range pc's. Firestrike simulated playing games on Ultra high settings. SkyDiver will simulate normal (medium) settings.


Quote:
With the addition of Sky Diver, 3DMark now becomes the only benchmarking
software which covers all classes of hardware ranked according to performance.
3DMark now comprises of four different utilities. On the top of the list is Fire
Strike, which covers high performance gaming PCs with DirectX 11 and Feature
level 11. Number two is the latest 3DMark Sky Diver, which is intended for
gaming laptops and mid range PCs with DirectX 11 and Feature level 11. Third is
Cloud Gate, covering notebooks and everyday use home PCs with DirectX11 and
Feature level 10. And finally, at the end of the list is Ice Storm intended for
tablets and entry level PCs with DirectX11 and Feature level 9. 3DMark Sky Diver
will shown in full at Computex. The benchmark is currently in final testing
phases. A release date will also be announced at Computex. 3DMark Sky Diver will
be available for display at the booths of ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Inno3D
and G-Skill. For updates related to the 3DMark Sky Diver, keep on checking
Futuremark’s website: http://www.futuremark.com/3dmark
Source

Read more: http://wccftech.com/futuremark-announces-3dmarkskydiver-benchmarking-now-possible-for-all-hardware-types/#ixzz336wK6rj9
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 May 2014   #54
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Yes Paul, I'll be impressed with the scores some of these rigs, like yours, when you run a benchmark made for a laptop. Won't it be like using a sledge hammer to swat a fly?
Just a shame I can't grab 2 Titan Z's ready for it

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
SkyDiver is for Gaming laptops and mid range pc's. Firestrike simulated playing games on Ultra high settings. SkyDiver will simulate normal (medium) settings.


Quote:
With the addition of Sky Diver, 3DMark now becomes the only benchmarking
software which covers all classes of hardware ranked according to performance.
3DMark now comprises of four different utilities. On the top of the list is Fire
Strike, which covers high performance gaming PCs with DirectX 11 and Feature
level 11. Number two is the latest 3DMark Sky Diver, which is intended for
gaming laptops and mid range PCs with DirectX 11 and Feature level 11. Third is
Cloud Gate, covering notebooks and everyday use home PCs with DirectX11 and
Feature level 10. And finally, at the end of the list is Ice Storm intended for
tablets and entry level PCs with DirectX11 and Feature level 9. 3DMark Sky Diver
will shown in full at Computex. The benchmark is currently in final testing
phases. A release date will also be announced at Computex. 3DMark Sky Diver will
be available for display at the booths of ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Inno3D
and G-Skill. For updates related to the 3DMark Sky Diver, keep on checking
Futuremark’s website: http://www.futuremark.com/3dmark
Source

Read more: http://wccftech.com/futuremark-announces-3dmarkskydiver-benchmarking-now-possible-for-all-hardware-types/#ixzz336wK6rj9
Cheers for the info Doug
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #55
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I suppose if we are going to have a thread for the new benchmark we may as well have one for the other 2 in 3d Mark.

I am gonna start a thread for each. Doug do you fancy running the leaderboards for each?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #56
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Anything to get out of work, right Paul? I'm sure you are paying Doug to do your work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #57
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Anything to get out of work, right Paul? I'm sure you are paying Doug to do your work.
I think Doug is a benchmark nutter like myself so he likes running them Steve. But if you want, you can run them? I really don't mind. I know you spend an hour or so at your PC each day so perhaps you have the time?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #58
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Well Paul, I wasn't the one who asked for the job, you were.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #59
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Well Paul, I wasn't the one who asked for the job, you were.
Dam, I just can't quite seem to remember when I asked for the job Steve. I sure wish I would get sent free stuff to test out on the benchmarks like a lot of people do. Maybe I need to expand my horizons! Paulpicks hardware reviews. If Asus or Evga or anyone is reading this, please send me some free stuff to benchmark and review!!! I will even do a video review! It will be painful but I will do one!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2014   #60
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

If you like, I could tell you when you asked for it. I'm sure I saved the email.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SF Benchmarking rules and general discussion.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I cannot get into the General Discussion Forum
I have tried all day yesterday and today to post. Even changed my password. No luck I need to know how to backup my laptop. Can anyone see this????? Eileen
General Discussion
General Anime Discussion Thread
Another one of my more "laid-back" threads. Basically all I'm asking is whether you watch (or have watched) anime, and if so what have you seen, or if applicable, what are you watching now? Feel free to discuss to any length as well, we're already geeky enough around here, what's one more addition...
Chillout Room
general video game discussion thread.
So, just a general discussion thread for us guys who like shooting eachother in the face, and a healthy lack of respect for punkbuster! Anyway, I understand the concept for bringing LIVE to windows, so you can use your 360 gamertag, and achievments etc. But what games DO support it? I...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App