Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show your Geekbench 3 scores!

05 Feb 2015   #21
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

What is this - a bragging contest or some fun with real live systems.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Feb 2015   #22
Lava King

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Here's mine, all stock settings. I like the "1 MHz" RAM

Geekbench Browser


Attached Thumbnails
Show your Geekbench 3 scores!-geekbench3.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #23
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Tommy, why are you asking Paul? You asked me on OCN and I already told you. What catch? Isn't that what everyone does when they run benchmarks? Like you don't overclock your GPU when you run Heaven?

Yes you told me Steve but at the same time i thought we settled using our everyday speed

I actually thought there was some rules here hahaha but if it isn't written it isn't law now i know what i have to do

Looks like it's time to increase speeds Captain !

Truth be told though stability comes to mind after or above 4.8Ghz but i'll give it a whirl

I only overclock my GPU noone said anything about the CPU too lol

I want to see your results with a everyday speed you run lol

There was never any rule regarding overclocking Solar. In fact quite the opposite. We push our systems, hit the limit then push them some more whether that be overclocking the GPU, CPU, Ram or even Windows optimizations. Use everything to your advantage, that's what benchmarking is about!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2015   #24
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lava King View Post
Here's mine, all stock settings. I like the "1 MHz" RAM

Geekbench Browser
That 8 core sure packs a punch at stock speed doesn't it Kent!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #25
Lava King

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lava King View Post
Here's mine, all stock settings. I like the "1 MHz" RAM

Geekbench Browser
That 8 core sure packs a punch at stock speed doesn't it Kent!


Indeed it does, Paul.

My latest "hobby" is live game streaming on Twitch.tv. With the old Core 2 Quad, playing Borderlands 2 and running OBS (Open Broadcast Software) and Chrome (stream monitor) the CPU usage never dropped below about 95%.

With the 5960X running all of the above mentioned apps (plus a couple more), the CPU usage never goes above 30% and stays closer to 20%. It really is a beast
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #26
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Tommy, why are you asking Paul? You asked me on OCN and I already told you. What catch? Isn't that what everyone does when they run benchmarks? Like you don't overclock your GPU when you run Heaven?

Yes you told me Steve but at the same time i thought we settled using our everyday speed

I actually thought there was some rules here hahaha but if it isn't written it isn't law now i know what i have to do

Looks like it's time to increase speeds Captain !

Truth be told though stability comes to mind after or above 4.8Ghz but i'll give it a whirl

I only overclock my GPU noone said anything about the CPU too lol

I want to see your results with a everyday speed you run lol

There was never any rule regarding overclocking Solar. In fact quite the opposite. We push our systems, hit the limit then push them some more whether that be overclocking the GPU, CPU, Ram or even Windows optimizations. Use everything to your advantage, that's what benchmarking is about!
Solar already knows that and does it all the time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #27
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
What is this - a bragging contest or some fun with real live systems.
Yep, just some fun to see how high the score is for your system. It's even more fun to OC the system a bit to see how much it may increase the score and remain stable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #28
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Sounds like some new kids game
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #29
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Sounds like some new kids game
Could be, but can be helpful to compare scores on various systems if one is shopping around.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2015   #30
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Sounds like some new kids game
Boys and their toys lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show your Geekbench 3 scores!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show us your Unigine Heaven benchmark scores!
Download link for Unigine Heaven: Download Heaven DX11 Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR) Leaderboard 0ApRqWFPoE67SdHN3Y3BHbnItcUp0UFhrX1ZGODh0S0E Here's my score:
Benchmarks
Show us ya 3D Mark Ice Storm scores.
This benchmark is made for mobile devices and entry level PC's but all are welcome. It's part of the current 3D Mark suite available to download here - 3DMark - test your graphics card with the gamer's benchmark Here is my stock score to start the ball rolling. I am hoping Doug will start...
Benchmarks
Show us your 3D Mark Cloud Gate scores.
This test is designed for notebooks and home PC's. Well my PC is a home PC so I guess that's fine lol. It can be downloaded as part of the 3D Mark suite here 3DMark - test your graphics card with the gamer's benchmark Once again I hope Doug feels like starting a leaderboard, if not I will. ...
Benchmarks
Show us your 3D Mark Vantage Benchmark scores
An older benchmark but still used a lot. The basic edition is free and only gives one option for settings so it should be straight forward :) Download here - Download 3DMark and PCMark - Futuremark It is available to download from an external site or through Steam which may be easier. ...
Benchmarks
Post your Geekbench scores!
Geekbench 2.1.2 is a free benchmarker that comes in both x32 and x64 flavors and allows you to compare scores. Here's my 24/7 setup. Post yours! :) System manufacturer Rampage Extreme : Geekbench Result Browser
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App