|11 Aug 2010||#1|
| || |
Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time
From about three weeks ago, on only my most heavily used email account (it has around 75,000 emails in it and gets around 200 emails each day), I was only able to download 4 emails at a time. Then it would stop. I would click "Get Mail" and it would download the next 4 emails. I'd click "Get Mail" etc etc until all emails were downloaded.
I tried to find a solution, but couldn't, so I just put up with it (it was really only a pain in the butt first thing in the morning).
Then, this morning - disaster! My main account only downloads one email at a time! It shows "55 of 55 Incoming messages", then next time "55 of 55 incoming messages" etc. A new one must have arrived because now it is showing "56 out of 56" (but I still have 6 hours of emails to download).
* Email is hosted by gmail.
* Account is setup as a POP account.
* This issue is not affecting other staff on a mac, using same domain for email. Nor is it affecting any other email accounts I have (about 16 active email accounts, including 2 others hosted by gmail).
* Mail version is 4.3
* OS is 10.6.4
* Hard drive has 83GB available
* Last week I installed an extra 2GB of ram - so it wont be a lack of ram.
* No other email accounts are affected.
* There are 20 unread emails sitting in my Gmail account waiting to be downloaded (I logged in to Google Webmail and saw them).
* I have checked the Activity Monitor for Mail and that account seems to act absolutely perfectly (if it only had 1 email to download). In other words, there is nothing in the Activity Monitor that suggests a problem.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
MBP 2.4GHZ, 6/320 Mac OS X (10.6.4)
|My System Specs|
|11 Aug 2010||#2|
| || |
This is a largely undocumented problem with GMail over pop.
Read this article. Gordon's Tech: Gmail’s undocumented POP3 download limit
It appears that your download limit is lower than that stated (340) but I believe it is the same thing.
I think the only way yo fix this would be to setup an IMAP GMail in Mail.
Are you using normal GMail or google Apps Gmail?
If you need any help doing this just ask, I'm here to help.
P.S. This forum is generally reserved for questions about Windows Seven or involving Windows Seven, if you have Mac only problems, we generally recommend you use Apple - Support - Discussions - Forum Home instead because there will be many more people who know their way around Macs unlike here (where it's just me ).
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time|
|Error while downloading email using Windows Live Mail 2012||Browsers & Mail|
|Problems with Windows Mail: Downloading Old Mail Multiple times||Browsers & Mail|
|Live Mail won't display Apple mail emils||Browsers & Mail|
|email account and inbox in Windows Live Mail disappears||Browsers & Mail|
|Registering my email account in Windows Live Mail and log in problems||Browsers & Mail|
|Hotmail, One Email Account to Rule All Mail Addresses via EASI ID||News|
|Hard Time Moving email from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail||Browsers & Mail|