Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post your Internet Browser Benchmark


21 Apr 2010   #141

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Here's my scores comparing Opera 10.51 against the current Chrome release & the latest Chrome Beta release.
I'm using the portable version of Opera.




Attached Thumbnails
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-opera-chrome-speed-test.jpg   Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-chrome-details.jpg   Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-chrome-beta-details.jpg   Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-opera-details.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Apr 2010   #142

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- bit
 
 

Latest version of Chrome!!


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #143

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I have just installed & benchmarked the Wyzo browser which is based on Firefox my PC seems slower today Opera seems to have slowed down by about 10% while Chrome is about 50% slower.
After running the Peacekeeper test on Wyzo & closing the browser I noticed there was a process left open by Wyzo (FF3.5.6) & it was still consuming 103 MB. Wyzo has several extensions added by default which may be slowing it down ?


Attached Thumbnails
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-wyzo.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Apr 2010   #144

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stve View Post
I have just installed & benchmarked the Wyzo browser which is based on Firefox my PC seems slower today Opera seems to have slowed down by about 10% while Chrome is about 50% slower.
IMO peacekeeper is flawed. I was testing IE8 32bit vs 64 bit and noticed that my IE8 32 score had dropped from ~1050 to ~850. I scoured my PC of anything running to zero effect. A little while later I ran it again and it was back up to ~1050.

I did notice that during the lower score times, I was also having slow access to the peacekeeper page.

It definitely seems like a flaky benchmark. Sunspider might be more consistent.

But benchmarking browsers is a largely pointless activity. A browser being even 2 or 3 times faster doesn't actually result in a better browsing experience, because the bottleneck is not in rendering, it is in getting pages off the net.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #145

Linux (Debian, Android)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stve View Post
I have just installed & benchmarked the Wyzo browser which is based on Firefox my PC seems slower today Opera seems to have slowed down by about 10% while Chrome is about 50% slower.
IMO peacekeeper is flawed. I was testing IE8 32bit vs 64 bit and noticed that my IE8 32 score had dropped from ~1050 to ~850. I scoured my PC of anything running to zero effect. A little while later I ran it again and it was back up to ~1050.

I did notice that during the lower score times, I was also having slow access to the peacekeeper page.

It definitely seems like a flaky benchmark. Sunspider might be more consistent.

But benchmarking browsers is a largely pointless activity. A browser being even 2 or 3 times faster doesn't actually result in a better browsing experience, because the bottleneck is not in rendering, it is in getting pages off the net.
That latest sunspider is good but it only measures a subset of Javascript performance.

Dromaeo is better because it tests the DOM and some CSS selectors along with Javascript but doesn't test HTML5.

Slickspeed is a comprehensive benchmark for CSS selector framework speed.

There's no real good test for HTML5 canvas besides Peacekeeper. Maybe c5bench but it says its only for smartphones.

You are right that network download time (even if we had Google gigabit fiber) is still the dominant bottleneck in web performance but it is still good to improve in other subsystems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #146

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
There's no real good test for HTML5 canvas besides Peacekeeper. Maybe c5bench but it says its only for smartphones.
Then maybe use Peacekeeper just for the Canvas bench and note that it isn't even included in the final score since some browsers don't support it (IE).

And also note that Peacekeeper does have issues with ~20% margin of error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #147

DOS^
 
 

is this good?


Attached Thumbnails
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-untitled.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #148

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Just tested the latest betas from Chrome & Opera very close, remember Chrome 5 & Opera 10.52 are betas Chrome edges it but the Opera scores are more evenly spread.
I remembered i can tile the tabs in Opera makes it simpler if you want to show the details as well.


Attached Thumbnails
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-peacekeeper-benchmark-26april.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #149

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eldinv View Post
is this good?
Your score seems kinda low, I used to have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ (same as yours), and the scores were a bit higher O_O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2010   #150

Microsoft windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

i think mine was good for chrome


Attached Thumbnails
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark-peeckeeper.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Post your Internet Browser Benchmark




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Post your Internet Browser Benchmark
Thread Forum
Best Internet Browser Browsers & Mail
The BIG browser benchmark (January 2013 edition) News
Which internet browser do you use? Chillout Room
What does your internet browser look like? Customization
What browser won your benchmark? Browsers & Mail
Best Internet Browser So Far Browsers & Mail
Win 7 x86 vs x64 benchmark? POST UR RESULTS! Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33