Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: compatible browsers for windows 7 starter

23 Aug 2010   #1

windows 7 starter 32 bit
 
 
compatible browsers for windows 7 starter

I have a netbook which has windows 7 starter and need a blackboard learning system compatible browser...any suggestions I have been trying for days now?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Aug 2010   #2

Intel Core
 
 

I have a Acer Aspire M3802 with Windows 7 64bit that I bought in December 09. I have many games one of them is Sims 3. what happens is that when i play any of my games for about 10-15 minutes in gameplay, the monitor shuts off but my computer light is til on and my keyboard doesnt work. It is ceraintley not BSOD. It mostly sound like a broken record. I have updated evrey driver restored the computer many times. Ive took it in to Frys Electronics. Ive did evrey patch for the game. Ive troubleshooted compatiblity but thats no help at all. Now the games started crashing in the summer around June. My internet crashed startin in march. But its fixed now. Soemone help me plz plz im beggin ive been dealin with it for 3 months starights i think it might be one of the windows updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imfrstrd View Post
I have a netbook which has windows 7 starter and need a blackboard learning system compatible browser...any suggestions I have been trying for days now?
Internet Explorer should suffice for this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Aug 2010   #4

windows 7 starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imfrstrd View Post
I have a netbook which has windows 7 starter and need a blackboard learning system compatible browser...any suggestions I have been trying for days now?
Internet Explorer should suffice for this.
I use windows explorer 8 and have tried others unsuccessfully. Thinking I am going to have to remove windows 7 starter and replace with home or xp??? Unsure really time is ticking and I need to beable to access the program for school...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2010   #5

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Our university has a blackboard site, and recommends Firefox. I think it was initially having problems with IE8. Don't know if that's the case now.

Ah, they've taken the recommendation down. Must have resolved whatever issue there was...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I've used Blackboard recently and had no problems whatsoever with Internet Explorer 8. Try the IE 8 compatibility mode or if all else fails, you can try Firefox.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2010   #7

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imfrstrd View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imfrstrd View Post
I have a netbook which has windows 7 starter and need a blackboard learning system compatible browser...any suggestions I have been trying for days now?
Internet Explorer should suffice for this.
I use windows explorer 8 and have tried others unsuccessfully. Thinking I am going to have to remove windows 7 starter and replace with home or xp???...
Are you saying only IE8 works or that nothing works, including IE8?
What's wrong with Starter? All versions of Windows 7 should run any available browser. But if you need to upgrade, I think there is something called an "In-place upgrade" that allows you to to pay an upgrade price and convert any version of Windows 7 into a higher version. That is, unless higher versions are not supported by the hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 compatible browsers for windows 7 starter





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: compatible browsers for windows 7 starter
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Starter Customization
Is Windows7 (Starter) MBR compatible with Windows XP MBR? BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Starter Or Xp... General Discussion
Windows 7 starter Installation & Setup
windows 7 starter General Discussion
Web-browsers for Windows CE 2.0 ? Chillout Room
Windows 7 Browsers Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33