1. From Internet Explorer 7, click the "Tools" button.
2. Select "Internet Options".
3. When the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll down to "Multimedia" and check or uncheck "Show pictures" as desired. Refer to the below screenshot.
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
NOTE that this option only disables picture viewing when pictures are referenced normally in the source webpage. Images loaded from scripts, Flash animations, Java applets, etc., may not be affected by this configuration option.