Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Java crashes all browsers

16 Sep 2010   #1
cubebomb

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Java crashes all browsers

I have my entire windows 7 x64 life without being able to use java. I have tried many methods from installing x32 only to x64 only. I have uninstalled every browser but ie and installed them again and no luck.

I have installed java, latest from their website, and when i try to open the control panel icon, this is what i get.





Every browser inlcuding ie Fails and crash. Chrome is the only smart browser who tells me to terminate the plugin since it fails to load. Every other browser just crash, ei, ff opera


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Sep 2010   #2
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cubebomb View Post
I have my entire windows 7 x64 life without being able to use java. I have tried many methods from installing x32 only to x64 only. I have uninstalled every browser but ie and installed them again and no luck.

I have installed java, latest from their website, and when i try to open the control panel icon, this is what i get.





Every browser inlcuding ie Fails and crash. Chrome is the only smart browser who tells me to terminate the plugin since it fails to load. Every other browser just crash, ei, ff opera
Hi cubebomb & welcome,

What do you need Java for?
Link below for you to read about this program.


Java (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI - Java is not needed or used here on laptops with Vista Ultimate 64-bit & Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Jan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2010   #3
Lemur

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Here is Oracle's (formerly Sun's) Java. Sniff... poor Sun.

Java Downloads for All Operating Systems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2010   #4
cubebomb

Windows 7 x64
 
 

hi,
first, thank you for the welcome,
ok, to answer your question.

I need java because Blackboard now uses java to start forum discussion within it and i need it to discuss certain class assignments with other students. And like i said, ive never had the real need to make it work up until now.

I went into the forums and i finally was able to open up the control panel applet settings through cmd only. that image on my original post is what i get when i try to open it directly.

With the applet settings open, i am able to see certificates and such but i cant change a setting that it is recommended to unclick because is grayed out.

Updated all the browsers and installed java through their own means and still. when each browser tries to look for java, nothing is there which leads the browser to crash.-gray out with only the close buttons type of crash.
=/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #5
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

It looks like Java is tied to the bit size of IE and if you have both installed you need both 64 and 32 bit Java versions. When I looked for other browsers I found this comment under Chrome: "To make sure that Google Chrome recognizes Java correctly, you might want to install Java prior to installing Google Chrome."

Have you tried uninstalling all browsers except IE and then install Java for your version(s) of IE?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #6
cubebomb

Windows 7 x64
 
 

This is what I tried today.
1.uninstall java
2.uninstall all browser but ie
3.restart
4.install java- both 32 & 64
5.install chrome - fail
6. installed opera - fail
7. istalled firefox - fail
8.installed maxton - fail
=====================
so, i was out of option. Still, i was not able to open the console setting for the java because the same message as in my first post will come up.

So, as i was restarting, i got on my iPhone to check stocks. I clicked on one of the news and Safari opened. so, i got back in the computer and i installed safari

I do not know what is going on, but Safari was able to Open Java when i visited Blackboard to reply on the discussion and it works.... Only on Safari.

every browsers just plain crashes and fails.

What is going on in here? i don't get it...

Well, for now, i guess i will just use safari to reply to the boards since is the only browser that works for me.

I have to reinstall and configure all my firefox extensions now.
thank you for the replies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2010   #7
brummyfan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cubebomb View Post
I have my entire windows 7 x64 life without being able to use java. I have tried many methods from installing x32 only to x64 only. I have uninstalled every browser but ie and installed them again and no luck.

I have installed java, latest from their website, and when i try to open the control panel icon, this is what i get.





Every browser inlcuding ie Fails and crash. Chrome is the only smart browser who tells me to terminate the plugin since it fails to load. Every other browser just crash, ei, ff opera
Hi cubebomb & welcome,

What do you need Java for?
Link below for you to read about this program.

Java (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI - Java is not needed or used here on laptops with Vista Ultimate 64-bit & Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Jan.
Thanks Jan, I've removed Java and I haven't noticed any problems, in fact the pages load faster and smoother browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2010   #8
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cubebomb View Post
I have my entire windows 7 x64 life without being able to use java. I have tried many methods from installing x32 only to x64 only. I have uninstalled every browser but ie and installed them again and no luck.

I have installed java, latest from their website, and when i try to open the control panel icon, this is what i get.





Every browser inlcuding ie Fails and crash. Chrome is the only smart browser who tells me to terminate the plugin since it fails to load. Every other browser just crash, ei, ff opera
Hi cubebomb & welcome,

What do you need Java for?
Link below for you to read about this program.

Java (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI - Java is not needed or used here on laptops with Vista Ultimate 64-bit & Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Jan.
Thanks Jan, I've removed Java and I haven't noticed any problems, in fact the pages load faster and smoother browsing.
You are welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Java crashes all browsers




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't use latest Java in browsers! It blocks itself
Hey, I don't know who made Java the way it is now but making something to secure isn't helping anyone. At this time Java is USELESS. How can you use something that blocks you from using it anywhere? That execution list ain't working either in the java control panel. I don't know what is...
Software
Java Question for 32 bit and 64 bit browsers
With the recent news about Java security issues I have been learning more about Java. The Java 32 bit Control Panel includes an Update tab that will automatically check for updates. The Java 64 bit Control Panel does not include the Update tab so I assume you have to "manually" check for and...
Software
Windows 7 32bit, Flash, Java, All Browsers, Streaming Video
Ok i'm having the same problem as lots of other people. I go to bbc.co.uk/iplayer, i click on something i want to watch I get there and the page appears but with no pre-video image or play button. I have just down graded from windows 7 64bit to windows 7 32bit as I thought this may have been...
Software
Java Crashes browsers and its control panel wont open
<SOLVED> <My solution> When i experienced the follow error. http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9701/erroroxk.jpg I deleted the file named "Program" in the C: Drive to fix it. (This also fixed java not working or even launching with a web browser application)
Software
Java causes browsers to stop responding
So, whenever I visit a webpage that has any kind of java applet in it, the browser stops responding. This happens in IE 8, firefox, and chrome. So far I've tried: -uninstalling and reinstalling java -cleaning out all temporary files -running adAware -running avast antivirus -reinstalling...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App