Windows Live Mail 2010 seemed OK. Then WLM 2011 arrived out of the blue and was installed without prior warning. I don’t like it. How do I get back to WLM 2010 easily? Or are there simple ways of dealing with the problems below?
- It has lost all my imported messages on which I rely, from early 2010 back to 2003 (hopefully I have a back up and can import most of them again).
- Sometimes it won’t start unless I close down and reboot my Windows 7 PC first.
- It fails to show some of my recent messages, missing different ones each time. For 11 October for example it showed one out of three I sent on a particular subject, and after the last reboot lost that one too, so now I have none.
- If I ask for emails concerning a particular search term it says that some may not show while it is scanning my emails, but that’s not true. If they are not there quickly they never appear.
-I want the inbox and sent box to show each individual email amongst others in the order they were sent or arrived, which it doesn’t seem able to do.
- I ask it to find all messages from Alan to Bill sent after 10 October and before 12 October, and it shows me messages from 15 October to 26 October.
- I think the upgrade from 2010 to 2011 arrived as an automatic Windows update, so now I have asked to see all updates before installation to avoid getting it again, but I can't see it in the history list.
Would be grateful for help with this this.