Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Non functional IE9 and can't go to IE8


21 Nov 2010   #11
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote:
1st why does MS Silverlight and shockwave flash object enable themselve even though I disabled them?
I don't know

Quote:
2nd is it safe to try to turn back on the all the add-ons again?
Just do one at a time to see which one may be causing the problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2010   #12
glennc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Quote:
1st why does MS Silverlight and shockwave flash object enable themselve even though I disabled them?
I don't know

Quote:
2nd is it safe to try to turn back on the all the add-ons again?
Just do one at a time to see which one may be causing the problem.
Hey Jacee,
Mille Grazie (Italian for a big bunch of thanks)! I'm still running and will follow your advice. Your a big help!!
glennc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #13
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

First off its never a wise idea to install a "beta" on a day to day or production PC. That why they call it a beta... its not ready for prime time!

Here is a MS article on how to remove it... How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2010   #14
glennc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
First off its never a wise idea to install a "beta" on a day to day or production PC. That why they call it a beta... its not ready for prime time!

Here is a MS article on how to remove it... How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta?
Hello Darryl Licht,
I thank you for your response in my need of assistance. I used that and did uninstall IE9. Just messed up IE8 in the process somehow. Got that squared away. What I found unusual is that there was no version of IE8 for Windows 7 listed on Microsoft. It always said to upgrade and use IE9. To be honest, you are correct about betas but sometimes I'm a bit impulsive. I didn't find much wrong with IE9 except it wasn't set up to run the add-ons I've come to rely on. Take care and I'll try to keep to your advice.
glennc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #15
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by glennc View Post
I didn't find much wrong with IE9 except it wasn't set up to run the add-ons I've come to rely on. Take care and I'll try to keep to your advice.
glennc
You selected the disable add-ons option that popped up early on then! Try a Win7 repair to get back IE8...

or try this... Download Internet Explorer 8, optimized for Bing and MSN, free today!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Non functional IE9 and can't go to IE8




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Non functional IE9 and can't go to IE8
Thread Forum
Recycle Bin Image gone but functional General Discussion
Does Win 7 back up a functional set of applications (programs)? Backup and Restore
Need to reformat HD without current functional os Installation & Setup
Onscreen keyboard not functional General Discussion
Solved HP Toolbox not fully functional? Software
Backup and Restore non-functional Backup and Restore
WMP Sharing not functional Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App