Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE stops responding - Help

10 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 
IE stops responding - Help

I am using Internet Explorer. My OS is Windows 7 Prof. IE constantly stops responding resulting in me having to close the program down. This has been going on for quite awhile and I'm now very annoyed by it especially since I work on my pc. When I have to close IE down, I lose anything on the webpage I'm working on that hasn't been saved. Does anyone know what the problem is so that I might fix it? I work in multiple windows, in case you need that info. Windows is set to update and install automatically.

Thank you

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2010   #2

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tousdae View Post
I am using Internet Explorer. My OS is Windows 7 Prof. IE constantly stops responding resulting in me having to close the program down. This has been going on for quite awhile and I'm now very annoyed by it especially since I work on my pc. When I have to close IE down, I lose anything on the webpage I'm working on that hasn't been saved. Does anyone know what the problem is so that I might fix it? I work in multiple windows, in case you need that info. Windows is set to update and install automatically.

Thank you
which version of IE are you using..??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

file version 8.0.7600.16671
product version - the same

64 bit ... I think. I went into programs and there is IE and IE 64 bit. I'm unsure of which one is on my tool bar that I always click.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Dec 2010   #4
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hello,

Have you tried resetting IE8 back to default settings?

Internet Explorer - Reset

If that didn't work, try logging on as a different User from your computer, you may create one and see if you're able to duplicate the issue or not.

Post an udpate please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #5

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

have you got the latest 64-bit test version of the Adobe flash viewer installed,
I've been experiencing hiccups with it..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Hello,

Have you tried resetting IE8 back to default settings?

Internet Explorer - Reset

If that didn't work, try logging on as a different User from your computer, you may create one and see if you're able to duplicate the issue or not.

Post an udpate please.
What happens when I reset to default settings? I think I read thru that link that cookies, pop ups, etc are disabled? Will it be a pain to set up again? I'm concerned about the pages I work on. I still need to try to log on as a different user as you suggest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
have you got the latest 64-bit test version of the Adobe flash viewer installed,
I've been experiencing hiccups with it..?
I know it's Adobe Flash 10 Active X. I can't find it to check properties to see if it's 64 bit.

Also, I'm not using the 64 bit of IE, so I put it on the desktop. When I click to use it, I get a message saying that java isn't installed. It is, but I uninstalled and reinstalled anyway. I still get messages that java isn't installed. So I got rid of that 64 bit IE link and use the other one again. I wonder if this could possibly be the reason? Not using IE's 64 bit on a 64 bit system??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #8

Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

No, the 32bit IE is the default for the precise reasons you've seen - almost all add-ons for IE are still 32bit, and don't work in 64bit at all. If you are using IE on Windows 7, do the following:

1. Add the following registry value:
Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN
Value: TabProcGrowth
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0


2. Close any and all open Internet Explorer windows, and wait 60 seconds for any lingering iexplore.exe processes to close (this is the default close timeout for IE). Then, open a new Internet Explorer window and browse away.

3. The next time IE hangs, go to the Task Manager (start > taskmgr) and click the "Processes" tab. Right-click the iexplore.exe instance in the process list, and select "Create dump file". This will create a dump file (usually named iexplore.dmp or some variant on that name) in %temp%.

If you do manage to create a dump file of IE, please zip or rar it and then upload it and link to it so we can download and analyze for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #9

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tousdae View Post
What happens when I reset to default settings? I think I read thru that link that cookies, pop ups, etc are disabled? Will it be a pain to set up again? I'm concerned about the pages I work on. I still need to try to log on as a different user as you suggest.
The tutorial link has been fixed. If you don't check the option to delete "Personal Settings", your cookies will be saved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tousdae View Post
What happens when I reset to default settings? I think I read thru that link that cookies, pop ups, etc are disabled? Will it be a pain to set up again? I'm concerned about the pages I work on. I still need to try to log on as a different user as you suggest.
The tutorial link has been fixed. If you don't check the option to delete "Personal Settings", your cookies will be saved.
ok Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE stops responding - Help




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: IE stops responding - Help
Thread Forum
Outlook 2010 stops and says it needs to reboot or stops responding Browsers & Mail
PC stops responding, no BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Display driver stops responding BSOD Help and Support
IE8 Stops responding/working Browsers & Mail
Desktop stops responding. Browsers & Mail
WMC stops responding Media Center
MS FSX installer stops responding Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33