We are proud to announce that the first snapshot of Opera 11.10, codename “Barracuda,” has finally arrived! Everyone here has worked hard to get this new shiny build out to you.
In this build, Core has been upgraded from version 2.7.62 to 2.8.99, which is a pretty big step forward. With this Core upgrade comes the implementation of the Web Open Font Format (WOFF).
In addition, a batch of changes to network compatibility has been implemented. The purpose of these changes is to modify our network behaviour so that we are more compatible with other web browsers.
These changes include:
- Disable Cookie2 by default, with an option to enable it again
- Send more compatible Accept* headers
- Disable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 by default
- Make sure redirects from http to https are labelled secure
- Remove the use of master password for client certificates
- Added a preference to disable cross-network protection
Apart from that, frequent crashes for Mac users on Facebook, Live Mail/Hotmail, and Google Docs are finally resolved.
This build is the first step towards the 11.10 release, but there's more stuff to come, so stay tuned!
Download link: Opera 11.10 Build 2005 http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...e-at-barracuda