Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Chrome 10 vs. Internet Explorer 9

10 Mar 2011   #1
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 
Chrome 10 vs. Internet Explorer 9

This is an interesting article because it ecplains why the IE9 64bit is a lot slower than the IE9 32bit.

Quote:
But, then I ran 32-bit IE 9 on my 64-bit Windows 7. Wow. Now, IE 9 came in at 245.4ms. This was actually faster than Chrome 10, which came in at 266.7ms. So, for the moment at least IE9 is actually the fastest browser Iíve tested to date.
More...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Mar 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Doesn't really concern me, until it becomes unusable to me, I'm pretty much sticking with firefox, I have too many plugins and add-ons and settings saved just the way I like them. While it's no doubt slower loading than another browser would be. I'm quite sure by the time I loaded it up with all the extras I wanted it too would have significantly slower loads.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
I'm pretty much sticking with firefox, I have too many plugins and add-ons and settings saved just the way I like them.
Me too, I've tried Chrome a handful of times and just don't get into it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Mar 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I use Chrome and find no faults in it. It may not be the fastest kid on the block but neither am I.
Not much in a hurry to get nowhere fast anyway.
Thanks WHS for sharing the info!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #5
Microsoft MVP

 

IE8 finally got it right - rock solid stable, making the others' features seem amateurish by comparison. Hope it doesn't go wobbly in 9.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #6
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

My main browser is IE8 right now and I really have no complaints. In addition I use Opera (I never figured out why it is so slow) and on occasion also Chrome (mainly to run my webradios).

I have tried to get my arms around FF a few times. It is just too messy for me. I like things to run optimal out of the box. I am not a friend of a gezillion add-ons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
My main browser is IE8 right now and I really have no complaints. In addition I use Opera (I never figured out why it is so slow) and on occasion also Chrome (mainly to run my webradios).

I have tried to get my arms around FF a few times. It is just too messy for me. I like things to run optimal out of the box. I am not a friend of a gezillion add-ons.
Have you tried palemoon?
It's the only windows optimized FF there is right now.
The Pale Moon Project homepage
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #8
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
My main browser is IE8 right now and I really have no complaints. In addition I use Opera (I never figured out why it is so slow) and on occasion also Chrome (mainly to run my webradios).

I have tried to get my arms around FF a few times. It is just too messy for me. I like things to run optimal out of the box. I am not a friend of a gezillion add-ons.
Have you tried palemoon?
It's the only windows optimized FF there is right now.
The Pale Moon Project homepage
Interesting. I might try that and compare it to IE9 once it is available next week.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

One thing to remember especially for corporate users is that 80% of the banks do not support ie9 yet and from the ones I've spoken to won't be supporting it for quite some time. (some of them don't support ie8 yet)
This means that online banking especially business banking could be quite troublesome and a bit of a security nightmare
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
IE8 finally got it right - rock solid stable, making the others' features seem amateurish by comparison.
I for one will choose to disagree there. I think most features are better implemented and more useful in both chrome and firefox. IE has just playing copycat lately in that regard.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I have tried to get my arms around FF a few times. It is just too messy for me. I like things to run optimal out of the box. I am not a friend of a gezillion add-ons.
I don't use a gazillion add-ons either. I use 4 of them, and they are very helpful for me. (ad blocker because another site I visit is littered with ads, chatzilla for occasional IRC use, Free Download Manager because I have to throttle my bandwidth while at work so I don't crush our small internet pipe, and httpfox so I can debug problems with our web applications).

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post
One thing to remember especially for corporate users is that 80% of the banks do not support ie9 yet and from the ones I've spoken to won't be supporting it for quite some time. (some of them don't support ie8 yet)
Ironically, the 1 site that I have problems with with IE9 RC is the site for administering MSDN accounts. I always get an error when I try to click on our corporate account. I have to use IE8 or below to access this Microsoft site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Chrome 10 vs. Internet Explorer 9




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33