Quote: Originally Posted by rw11
I've got a different problem.
used WET to transfer my personal files to an external HDD.
Installed Windows 7.
Tried to get my account setting and email files back but can't find either of them.
USing 2010 office (Outlook).
There is nothing easy about easy transfer. (Rant over.)
Do you still have access to the original Outlook program containing you email? If you do, you can export to an intermediate format that matches some other program's that can then export WLM type files.
The problem is that all your messages in Outlook are contained in a single *.pst file (Outlook's Personal Store). WLM keeps the individual emails each in its own *.eml file so the problem is to convert one *.pst file into many *.eml files. I've never tried this but a quick Google search came up with these ideas:
1) Install and use Outlook on Windows 7
2) Install and use the free Thunderbird (can import Outlook mail)
3) Use Thunderbird as the intermediate format to convert to WLM
4) Use something called "Mailstore" MailStore - Email archiving solutions
5) Search for "pst to eml" on Google