Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Email 3 Questions


21 May 2011   #1

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 
Email 3 Questions

Hi All, I have 1 wired PC & 1 Laptop, both Windows 7 Home Prem. both use W Live Mail to send / read using a Gmail account. Netgear router DGN2000 with NAT.
-
Q1. If I sent you an email from both PC's, could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q2. If I sent you an email from wired PC, reboot my router ( changes IP Address ) then send one from the Laptop. could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q3. If I sent you an Email from either PC using WLM & Gmail account, then another from either PC, using my AOL account, could you tell they came from the same location.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 May 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi All, I have 1 wired PC & 1 Laptop, both Windows 7 Home Prem. both use W Live Mail to send / read using a Gmail account. Netgear router DGN2000 with NAT.
-
Q1. If I sent you an email from both PC's, could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q2. If I sent you an email from wired PC, reboot my router ( changes IP Address ) then send one from the Laptop. could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q3. If I sent you an Email from either PC using WLM & Gmail account, then another from either PC, using my AOL account, could you tell they came from the same location.

Location? meaning your physical location (long & lat)? if so

Depends on how much effort someone wants to put into it. ie law enforcement can tell you what you had for breakfast, while the casual usser could not tell where you live.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi All, I have 1 wired PC & 1 Laptop, both Windows 7 Home Prem. both use W Live Mail to send / read using a Gmail account. Netgear router DGN2000 with NAT.
-
Q1. If I sent you an email from both PC's, could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q2. If I sent you an email from wired PC, reboot my router ( changes IP Address ) then send one from the Laptop. could you tell they came from the same location.
-
Q3. If I sent you an Email from either PC using WLM & Gmail account, then another from either PC, using my AOL account, could you tell they came from the same location.
Hi Roderunner

You can fool ALL of the people SOME of the time
You can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time.
But you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time.


I do wonder about the reasons behind your questions......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 May 2011   #4

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143;1409092[/QUOTE

Location? meaning your physical location (long & lat)? if so

Depends on how much effort someone wants to put into it. ie law enforcement can tell you what you had for breakfast, while the casual usser could not tell where you live.
Not long & lat, location as from IP Address
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143;1409092[/QUOTE

Location? meaning your physical location (long & lat)? if so

Depends on how much effort someone wants to put into it. ie law enforcement can tell you what you had for breakfast, while the casual user could not tell where you live.
Not long & lat, location as from IP Address
Yes they can find you, and I, like JMH, wonder why you need to, or why it matters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #6

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

[/QUOTE]Yes they can find you, and I, like JMH, wonder why you need to, or why it matters.[/QUOTE]
Its only by asking, I can find out more what computers can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #7
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Its only by asking, I can find out more what computers can do.

That is true.
Rest assured your computer "broadcasts" lots of stuff about what you do,your location etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #8

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Its only by asking, I can find out more what computers can do.
That is true.
Rest assured your computer "broadcasts" lots of stuff about what you do,your location etc
Thanks JMH, I'm as careful as possible if that's possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2011   #9

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi ALL, I found this link interesting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Email 3 Questions




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33