Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE9 wont run

02 Jun 2011   #1
kitji

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
IE9 wont run

Something was deleted on the IE9 folder located at Program files(x86) by a 3rd party software(revo uninstaller pro) and now running IE9 x86 is impossible though the x64 version still works fine.

I tried reinstalling IE9 but no luck, version x86 wont run at all. How should i fix this?

Registry entries could also been deleted as revo uninstaller pro will search for leftovers and i blindly pressed the delete thinking i was uninstalling a game but somehow IE was included.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jun 2011   #2
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Fully uninstall IE9 using the following steps.

Quote:
  1. Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
Make sure all of the Internet Explorer files are deleted from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer
If they aren't, delete the folder.

Afterwards, reinstall the program and tell me what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

As a matter of interest.....
Have you a System Restore point created PRIOR to using Revo Uninstaller?

FYI in the future -

If /when you next use an Uninstaller - {always} make sure you have

1.a current System Restore point created.
2.a recent "Back up" of your computer- preferably to an external HD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Jun 2011   #4
kitji

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
As a matter of interest.....
Have you a System Restore point created PRIOR to using Revo Uninstaller?

FYI in the future -

If /when you next use an Uninstaller - {always} make sure you have

1.a current System Restore point created.
2.a recent "Back up" of your computer- preferably to an external HD.

no, i usually disabled the creation of restore point at revo as it takes too much time!
well not that much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #5
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kitji View Post
Something was deleted on the IE9 folder located at Program files(x86) by a 3rd party software(revo uninstaller pro) and now running IE9 x86 is impossible though the x64 version still works fine.

I tried reinstalling IE9 but no luck, version x86 wont run at all. How should i fix this?
>>>I tried reinstalling IE9 but no luck
It may sound silly...... did you un-install IE9 first ?
If yes, how did you do that..... vis Programs and Features > view Installed Updates etc., or via system restore ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #6
kitji

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dhu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kitji View Post
Something was deleted on the IE9 folder located at Program files(x86) by a 3rd party software(revo uninstaller pro) and now running IE9 x86 is impossible though the x64 version still works fine.

I tried reinstalling IE9 but no luck, version x86 wont run at all. How should i fix this?
>>>I tried reinstalling IE9 but no luck
It may sound silly...... did you un-install IE9 first ?
If yes, how did you do that..... vis Programs and Features > view Installed Updates etc., or via system restore ?
Yeah, I did uninstall IE9 first thru installed updates and programs and features then installed it again using the windows update, sorry for confusing you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #7
kitji

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Fully uninstall IE9 using the following steps.

Quote:
  1. Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
Make sure all of the Internet Explorer files are deleted from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer
If they aren't, delete the folder.

Afterwards, reinstall the program and tell me what happens.

I followed your instructions but still the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #8
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

These may help.

* Run sfc /scannow command & check the result.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

* Reinstall or repair Internet Explorer

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

*How to reset Internet Explorer settings

How to reset Internet Explorer settings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2011   #9
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Revo is a great tool .... but as you can see, if not used properly, you will get yourself into trouble.

I also found that out the hard way
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2011   #10
James Colbert

 
 

Just one more reason why imaging programs are invaluable. At times like these, 20 mins to get back to normal. Here's a free one thats recommended around here, if you're interested:

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Also, while you're figuring it all out, there's always FireFox...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE9 wont run




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
system repair wont work windows wont load
not sure if im in the right place but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access...
Hardware & Devices
Need Help. W7 wont boot after resizing partition. Recovery wont work.
Hi first time poster Full specs: MSI Z68a-GD80 i5 2500k Gtx680 Asus Hitachi Deskstar 1tb (boot) KingstonSSD120gb (games) So last night I shrunk my HDD partition by 100gb, intending to dual boot W8. Never got round to installing it, but when I turned on my PC tjis morning it won't boot. It...
Installation & Setup
Win7 starter disc wont wont restore system
Hi girls n guys please help me problem is with a samsung net/notebook when powered on it wont load up windows / it looks like it freezes after the "windows bar comes up for a minimum of 4 secs" then goes no further ? tryd to use the wind recovery disc to "repair pc" it loads up windows...
Backup and Restore
PSU died, new PSU, bios wont recognize SATA devices, now wont turn on
Synopsis: PSU died, replaced PSU with different model, system boots to bios successfully but does not recognize any devices in SATA ports, nor do those devices appear to be getting power. Now can't even get to BIOS, entire PC flicks on and off repeatedly as soon as I turn the PSU on regardless of...
Hardware & Devices
Regedit wont run, and grant admin full control context menu wont work
For some reason, my logon background image isnt showing up anymore, and when I try to change back to the way I had done it, regedit wont run, I've searched the forums for an answer, with no luck. And when I go to click grant admin full control, it brings up an open with menu, so I need a command...
General Discussion
Lan wont work Compters wont give permision no matter what
Me and my nephew wanted to lan play a couple of games. The first time every thing went smoothly. Both computers communicated fine how ever after that they now refuse to communicate. When I try to test the access it now stats on both that we don't have admin permission. I tride every thing I...
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App