Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet Explorer Users are More Stupid Than Others: Study

30 Jul 2011   #1
metalmania31

Windows 7 Pro 64bit build 7601 SP1
 
 
Internet Explorer Users are More Stupid Than Others: Study

Internet Explorer Users Are Dumber, Study Shows - FoxNews.com


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Jul 2011   #2
Imperfect1

 
 

I don't think it's so funny. As the article itself says, "These results aren't surprising because browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera are generally used by professionals and other assorted "geeks," while Internet Explorer is the default option on Windows computers and is mostly used by the inexperienced and those who don't even know there are other options."

People who are "inexperienced" just aren't experienced YET! That doesn't make them less intelligent. So what's so funny?

Somehow this doesn't surprise me that it comes from Fox news. . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #3
metalmania31

Windows 7 Pro 64bit build 7601 SP1
 
 

That article doesn't originate from Foxnews. They just happened to be reporting it as well. Inexperience and intelligence are separate things. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other. Isn't that how intelligence is measured amongst toddlers or animals? You can have all the experience in the world and still be stupid. And there are people that have no experience doing something and yet achieve success the 1st time. I found the article funny and amusing because of the context. I know not using IE doesn't automatically make you smart. My brother and parents are using Firefox because I put it on their PC's. The fact that you took a jab at Foxnews tells me all I need to know about your attitude. I don't drink the foxnews kool aid ,but your jab seems to say you're drinking the lib kookaid. But I don't want to turn a tech forum into a political argument. It was just an amusing article to me and probably many others. It's a provocative headline.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2011   #4
pacinitaly

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 
Internet Explorer Users are More Stupid Than Others: Study

My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #5
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

What a load of codswallop and stuff issuing from the rear of a bull.

After that report, it doesn't surprise me that they are now under the threat of a lawsuit: AptiQuant Threatened With A Lawsuit By Loyal Internet Explorer Users. | AptiQuant
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #6
knockem

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
"These results aren't surprising because browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera are generally used by professionals and other assorted "geeks," while Internet Explorer is the default option on Windows computers and is mostly used by the inexperienced and those who don't even know there are other options."
It is pretty funny they would say that, I myself use IE9.. but have firefox as well incase I run into a compatibility error and I just stick with Safari when I'm on OS X. For the most part I have to say this is true, I wouldn't say the people are stupid, but inexperienced is for sure a proper term.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #7
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalmania31 View Post
That article doesn't originate from Foxnews. They just happened to be reporting it as well. Inexperience and intelligence are separate things. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other. Isn't that how intelligence is measured amongst toddlers or animals? You can have all the experience in the world and still be stupid. And there are people that have no experience doing something and yet achieve success the 1st time. I found the article funny and amusing because of the context. I know not using IE doesn't automatically make you smart. My brother and parents are using Firefox because I put it on their PC's. The fact that you took a jab at Foxnews tells me all I need to know about your attitude. I don't drink the foxnews kool aid ,but your jab seems to say you're drinking the lib kookaid. But I don't want to turn a tech forum into a political argument. It was just an amusing article to me and probably many others. It's a provocative headline.
Well, my name is Imperfect1, isn't it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #8
gigagiggles

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

According to the Aptiquant report released, there was a small cohort of users who used Internet Explorer but was intelligent enough to add the Google Chrome plug-in. As the graph showed, the higher the IQ, the less IE was used with the exception of IE+Chrome. Statistically significant.

As far as the conclusion reached, Aptiquant's underlying motivation may have colored it. Trying to build a webpage that must still meet requirements set by antiquated browsers which are still used by a sizable market must be frustrating, incapacitating and costly.

IBN's counter-arguments were whiningly childish. That is, they never addressed the points Aptiquant raised. They just addressed the IE-low IQ correlation and the pain that must have caused.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #9
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

What about those poor people who are unfortunate enough to actually have Stupid as a surname?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #10
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
What a load of codswallop and stuff issuing from the rear of a bull.

After that report, it doesn't surprise me that they are now under the threat of a lawsuit: AptiQuant Threatened With A Lawsuit By Loyal Internet Explorer Users. | AptiQuant

Gotta be pretty dumb to sue a company just because you don't like the results of a survey.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet Explorer Users are More Stupid Than Others: Study




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
internet explorer Home for all users
I want to have google automatically for new users that are created? how can I do best? I use windows 7 home and not a pro! users should still be able to later change the home page itself
Browsers & Mail
Will Internet Explorer 10 ever be available for Windows 7 Users?
As the topic title says, hope it does massive improvement from 9, with the built in spell checker and such. All it needs is adblock plus integration, and sync and I will trash chrome for it. ;) P.S sorry if it's in the wrong place (the question's)
Browsers & Mail
Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 4: Win 7 users need not apply
Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 4: Windows 7 users need not apply
News
Internet Explorer 9 RC users will be automatically upgraded to RTW
Source
News
Xenocode Online Browser Sandbox Lets Users Run Internet Explorer 8
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Xenocode, a leader in application virtualization and delivery technology, today announced the immediate availability of the online Xenocode Browser Sandbox. The Browser Sandbox web site allows all popular Windows browsers to be run simultaneously,...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App