Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Live Mail Problem


02 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Pro
 
 
Windows Live Mail Problem

I updated my OS from XP to Windows 7 with a fresh install, saving wanted files into what 7 calls "Windows Old". This included Oulook Express 6 my then email account.
I imported the folders from OE6 into Windows Live Mail with no problems including my "Local Folders".
However, without warning these local folders just disappeared from WLMail. Successfully imprted them again but they still do not show up in Windows Live Mail when I need them to.
Any solutions please?
Thank you.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2011   #2

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

It can't hurt and it's easy to do: Repair WLE. Go to Programs and Features, highlight Windows Live Essentials, click uninstall/change at the top, and choose "repair" in the next window. It will repair all components of WLE that were installed, including Mail.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrisb1 View Post
I updated my OS from XP to Windows 7 with a fresh install, saving wanted files into what 7 calls "Windows Old". This included Oulook Express 6 my then email account.
I imported the folders from OE6 into Windows Live Mail with no problems including my "Local Folders".
However, without warning these local folders just disappeared from WLMail. Successfully imprted them again but they still do not show up in Windows Live Mail when I need them to.
Any solutions please?
Thank you.

Open WLM > left side, folder list, scroll down and locate Storage Folders under which is Imported Folder. Open it . What do you see ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Aug 2011   #4

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
It can't hurt and it's easy to do: Repair WLE. Go to Programs and Features, highlight Windows Live Essentials, click uninstall/change at the top, and choose "repair" in the next window. It will repair all components of WLE that were installed, including Mail.
Afraid this din't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2011   #5

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi chrisb1, as you never said what is in folders your trying to import, it might help if you sign in to WLM with a W Live ID although its not realy needed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2011   #6

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

Decided to go with Thunderbird and imprting folders and contacts was no problem.
Windows Live Email is just a pain in my experience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #7

Ultimate x64
 
 

Gentlemen,
Not sure that someone will see my message, but I am trying anyway.
I run Windows7 and therefore Windows Live Mail.
Two days ago I sent 2 e-mails and the message I got was that it is being executed. After 2 days the same applies and I cannot get into Windows Live Mail in order to stop the process. Every time I click on the WLM, this sub-window pops up (attached for your convenience)
Please be kind enough to tell me how I can rectify the situation.
Thanking you most sincerely.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hercs View Post
Gentlemen,
Not sure that someone will see my message, but I am trying anyway.
I run Windows7 and therefore Windows Live Mail.
Two days ago I sent 2 e-mails and the message I got was that it is being executed. After 2 days the same applies and I cannot get into Windows Live Mail in order to stop the process. Every time I click on the WLM, this sub-window pops up (attached for your convenience)
Please be kind enough to tell me how I can rectify the situation.
Thanking you most sincerely.
Do you 2 e-mails you were trying to send consist of large attachments ?
If yes, how large ?

In any event, open WLM > click Home tab > click Work Offline > go to your Outbox > are there e-mails stuck there ? If yes, delete them.

t-4-2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #9

Ultimate x64
 
 
Thx for replying

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hercs View Post
Gentlemen,
Not sure that someone will see my message, but I am trying anyway.
I run Windows7 and therefore Windows Live Mail.
Two days ago I sent 2 e-mails and the message I got was that it is being executed. After 2 days the same applies and I cannot get into Windows Live Mail in order to stop the process. Every time I click on the WLM, this sub-window pops up (attached for your convenience)
Please be kind enough to tell me how I can rectify the situation.
Thanking you most sincerely.
Do you 2 e-mails you were trying to send consist of large attachments ?
If yes, how large ?

In any event, open WLM > click Home tab > click Work Offline > go to your Outbox > are there e-mails stuck there ? If yes, delete them.

t-4-2
====================

Thx for replying t-4-2,

The problem is I am unable to access WLM. When I click on the icon to open it up, the above window appears immediately.

No attachments whatsoever on either of the 2 mails.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hercs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hercs View Post
Gentlemen,
Not sure that someone will see my message, but I am trying anyway.
I run Windows7 and therefore Windows Live Mail.
Two days ago I sent 2 e-mails and the message I got was that it is being executed. After 2 days the same applies and I cannot get into Windows Live Mail in order to stop the process. Every time I click on the WLM, this sub-window pops up (attached for your convenience)
Please be kind enough to tell me how I can rectify the situation.
Thanking you most sincerely.
Do you 2 e-mails you were trying to send consist of large attachments ?
If yes, how large ?

In any event, open WLM > click Home tab > click Work Offline > go to your Outbox > are there e-mails stuck there ? If yes, delete them.

t-4-2
====================

Thx for replying t-4-2,

The problem is I am unable to access WLM. When I click on the icon to open it up, the above window appears immediately.

No attachments whatsoever on either of the 2 mails.
Go to your webmail site, see what have happened to the 2 mails you were trying to send. Also, perhaps it is time to clear out the read mails still in the web server.

If nothing doing, my only suggestion, the one you may not like to hear, is to ......
uninstall > reinstall WLM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live Mail Problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Live Mail Problem
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail problem Browsers & Mail
Problem with Windows Live Mail Software
Windows Live Mail problem Browsers & Mail
problem with windows live mail Browsers & Mail
windows live mail problem Browsers & Mail
Windows live mail problem Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail problem Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33