Lets try another way of opening the 32 bit version of IE, just to be sure:
1. Click the Start Orb
2. In the search box, type Internet Explorer
3. In the list that appears, you should see two IE's listed:
- the 64 bit one
- one without 64 in its name
- you might see other IE's depending on if you have add-ons to IE
4. Right-click on the one without the 64 in its name, and select Properties
In the properties panel, check the path : does it show (x86) as shown in this image? If so, then that is the 32 bit version of IE, and the one that you should open.
For security reasons, I strongly recommend only downloading Adobe Flash directly from the Adobe site.
Hope this helps,