Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Google as Search Provider


11 Oct 2011   #1

DELL Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 
Google as Search Provider

Microsoft goes out of their way to deliberately and intentionally alienate and furstte users ( way d'go Microsoft) by not acknowleging Google as a search provider. What a despicable practice.

There is no direct.intutive way to add a Google as Search prvivder. But I know it can be done and I did stumble on some hit and miss approaches for my other machine.

But I am tired of this nonsence. How does one make Google the default serach provider??




Attached Thumbnails
Google as Search Provider-ie9_provider.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Oct 2011   #2

DELL Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

RESOLVED

The only way I found to resolve this was OUTSIDE of IE9 or WIN 7 settings, and by going to : Make Google your Default Search Engine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #3

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 no SP
 
 

Here is a nice tutorial for you:
Beginner: Add Google as Your Search Provider in Internet Explorer 9 - How-To Geek

Cheers!

edit: glad you could solve it yourself
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Oct 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Did make a tutorial for adding Google in IE 10 on the Win 8 forums, but it's also the same for IE9. All one needs to do is to enter "google" into the search field there on the add-on page.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...r-add-new.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Or there's the direct link for Google IE search provider.

Internet Explorer Gallery
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #6

DELL Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
All one needs to do is to enter "google" into the search field there on the add-on page.
That may work for some , but it was certainly not that simple for me. It's one of the first things I tried.

See screen shot.

It simply did not accept, display or prompt for anythiing related to google

But nothing about Windows 7 suprises me anymore as I am resigned to the fact that I dont expect it to work. What a legacy!.


Attached Thumbnails
Google as Search Provider-google.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

How about using the direct link above I posted?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #8

DELL Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
How about using the direct link above I posted?
Thats the crux of the isse. If I am in front on my machine, using IE9, wanting to chagne a search provider in IE9, it should work out of the box. I should not have to jump to sevenforums.com to post the question and to find a link that works ( yes yours works and does the google one I found)

I FOUND THE PROBELM AS TO WHY GOOGLE IS SHOWING UP FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS.

Your defaults take you to Internet Explorer Gallery (US)

My defaults take me to Internet Explorer Gallery (CANADA)

Will Microsoft ever fix little annoyance like these?? Not in my lifetime.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I know what you mean, yes.


Quote:
I FOUND THE PROBELM AS TO WHY GOOGLE IS SHOWING UP FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS.
I did have a note box at the very beginning of my tutorial I posted, that says you might change the language location to get different results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mediaman09 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
How about using the direct link above I posted?
Thats the crux of the isse. If I am in front on my machine, using IE9, wanting to chagne a search provider in IE9, it should work out of the box. I should not have to jump to sevenforums.com to post the question and to find a link that works ( yes yours works and does the google one I found)

I FOUND THE PROBELM AS TO WHY GOOGLE IS SHOWING UP FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS.

Your defaults take you to Internet Explorer Gallery (US)

My defaults take me to Internet Explorer Gallery (CANADA)

Will Microsoft ever fix little annoyance like these?? Not in my lifetime.
easy enough to change ca to us on the address bar once you know the trick.
Several months ago I wasted several hours of my life trying to get Google set as the default search provider in IE9 . Why so many people are so scared of change they stick with IE and all the restrictions it has instead of trying out the other Browsers is beyond me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Google as Search Provider




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33