Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Simplifying Windows Live Mail

25 Oct 2011   #11
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pentaxian View Post
...Do I have to uninstall the 2011 version to install the 2009 version? If so is there steps to follow?...
Yes. Highlight "Windows Live Essentials" in "Programs and Features" and select "uninstall". Reboot when uninstall completes. Now you can start over with the 2009 install file. Double click it. you can either choose run or save. If you save it you can double click (run) the small file you saved to begin the web install at another time. When you do the actual install, don't forget to uncheck everything except "Mail" since that's is all you want.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Oct 2011   #12
MuffinHat

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 
Me too?

Thanks for being so helpful Ronserr... I might give the 2009 version a try myself, if I could be reasonably sure that I wouldn't loose the emails I currently have in WLM. I know there are never any guarantees, but do you know whether, in making this change, the emails would normally automatically be saved and automatically absorbed by the 2009 version? Thanks. Don.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2011   #13
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MuffinHat View Post
Thanks for being so helpful Ronserr... I might give the 2009 version a try myself, if I could be reasonably sure that I wouldn't loose the emails I currently have in WLM. I know there are never any guarantees, but do you know whether, in making this change, the emails would normally automatically be saved and automatically absorbed by the 2009 version? Thanks. Don.
To play it safe you could "export" your messages in the "Windows Live Mail" format to a new folder on your hard drive. That way if they don't show up on the new install, you can "import" them and they will then be imported into your storage folders and can be moved from there. If you have been "signing-in" to WLM, your contacts are saved at "contacts.live.com" and should repopulate your contacts list when you "sign-in" to the new install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Oct 2011   #14
MuffinHat

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks. Don.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #15
Pentaxian

Win. 7 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MuffinHat View Post
Thanks for being so helpful Ronserr... I might give the 2009 version a try myself, if I could be reasonably sure that I wouldn't loose the emails I currently have in WLM. I know there are never any guarantees, but do you know whether, in making this change, the emails would normally automatically be saved and automatically absorbed by the 2009 version? Thanks. Don.
To play it safe you could "export" your messages in the "Windows Live Mail" format to a new folder on your hard drive. That way if they don't show up on the new install, you can "import" them and they will then be imported into your storage folders and can be moved from there. If you have been "signing-in" to WLM, your contacts are saved at "contacts.live.com" and should repopulate your contacts list when you "sign-in" to the new install.
I exported my Contacts Book to my desktop but how do you export the Messages to a folder to add to the new Live Mail Program I'm installing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2011   #16
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pentaxian View Post
...I exported my Contacts Book to my desktop but how do you export the Messages to a folder to add to the new Live Mail Program I'm installing?
Somewhere on the ribbon in the main WLM pane of the old installation (showing your messages, not the contacts window) there should be the ribbon equivalent of "File/Export/Messages". You may want to make an empty folder on the desktop (or somewhere you can find it later) to use during the export process.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2011   #17
Pentaxian

Win. 7 Pro 64
 
 

Sorry I sould have been more clear, The PC in question has the newer version and I want to put the 2009 version on it. So I need to save that email.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2011   #18
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pentaxian View Post
Sorry I sould have been more clear, The PC in question has the newer version and I want to put the 2009 version on it. So I need to save that email.
Thanks
...there should be the ribbon equivalent of "File/Export/Messages"... on the 2011 version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Simplifying Windows Live Mail




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail not receiving calendar info from Outlook mail
Our Windows Live Mail accounts receive blank messages when someone sends a calendar appointment request from an Outlook account. The same message arrives correctly in a gmail account or in my Outlook account at work. Is this a Live Mail Configuration issue?
Browsers & Mail
Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?
I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook? I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages....
Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail password request to recieve my ATT/Yahoo mail
In recent days I was asked by ATT.net Yahoo to change my password and did. Windows Live Mail will not allow a password (anything..?) change... and simply reverts to what was. I need to correct the password each time it opens and am able to receive receive mail, but.. WLM will not change...???
Browsers & Mail
Trouble importing Windows Live Mail to Windows Live Mail
Hi, I had to re install my OS. After I did that the fun of installing everything started and one of those things was Windows Live Mail. I've done this before when I bought my new computer and had some issues importing my mail as well which was the same idea, Live mail to Live mail. Now I'm...
Browsers & Mail
windows 7 32bit live mail with time warner wi rr/ sending e-mail
I can receive mail and send mail but the target does not receive it, I get no error message but my sent box says it was sent, this has been going on now for about at least three weeks, I have sent mail out of roadrunner direct with no problem, I have been using this program for about three years...
Browsers & Mail
Can no longer send e-mail with Windows Live Mail, error 0x800ccc78
Hi, I have been using WLM for some years. Yesterday, it stopped sending emails and now just leaves them in the Outbox. Here is most of what appears in the error box: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App