Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What is your favorite search engine?

View Poll Results: What is your Favorite search engine?
Google 18 62.07%
Bing 6 20.69%
Yahoo! 0 0%
Duck Duck GO! 2 6.90%
Ask 0 0%
AOL 0 0%
Others.. 3 10.34%
Search WHAT? 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

11 Nov 2011   #11
mart44

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

StartPage ..not that I search for anything that particularly needs privacy. I just like the idea anyway.

https://startpage.com/


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Nov 2011   #12
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

google
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #13
Imperfect1

 
 

There's a TON of search engings --- it depends on what you're searching for. For example Wolfram Alpha specializes in calculations, Google is one of the best for searching photos/images, and for searching people's names and computer information, AOLMusic for music, etc. etc.

Here's a website that provide a whole long list of all the different search engings: Search Engines - Major Search Engines - Search Utilities and Paid Listing Search Engines !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2011   #14
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
...Here's a website that provide a whole long list of all the different search engings: Search Engines - Major Search Engines - Search Utilities and Paid Listing Search Engines !
Interesting blast from the past: "Yahoo also supplements its results with those from Google (beginning in July 2000, when Google takes over from Inktomi)."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #15
StalkeR

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 / Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Google here !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #16
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Scroogle Scraper about 75% of the time and equal shares of Yahoo and Google for the other 25% (home computer) and 100% Google on work computer (no choice in the matter.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2013   #17
Prasanna16

Windows XP
 
 

Google is my favorite search engine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What is your favorite search engine?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Search Engine ?
Hello, Is there a free, or inexpensive, search engine that will search the text in the documents in all my files, and not just by file name ? In other words, literally searching every text word on PC, wherever it might be, looking for a match. Thanks, Bob
General Discussion
ixquick search engine
Anyone tried ixquick search engine ? https://www.ixquick.com/
Browsers & Mail
Google search engine for IE9
I can't seem to find the google search provider add on for IE aymoreon there add on pag . I managed to find the google accelerator but cannot find the search provider for IE9.(d)
Browsers & Mail
Windows 7 search engine
First post here. I am really surprised not to see more discussion of this, and I have not found any sort of acceptable alternative since starting with Windows 7 in March of 2011 I simply do not understand the Windows 7 search engine capabilities. Perhaps the best way to highlight this is with...
General Discussion
Which is your favorite search engine
Please select the number one search engine you currently use.
General Discussion
What search engine?
Simple question: Google, Bing, Yahoo, other?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App