Unfortunately, the fix described in the other thread did not work.
The command in my original post is the only one I've used.
There were a few details I failed to mention in my original post:
I've tried using Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and all of them have the same problem. However, Steam (a program for purchasing and managing games) has a built in web browser. As far as I can tell, the Steam browser works fine.
After the problem started, I started a 60 MB text download. The download would run at normal speeds, but the download would freeze frequently, so I would have to pause and resume the download every few seconds.
Other than the test download, the only file I've downloaded recently is an update for McAfee, which was just a few hours before the problem began, which leads me to believe it is somehow related to McAfee.
Thanks for the help so far.