Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mozilla Firefox errors

25 Jan 2012   #141

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
You should only have to select "Remember History" to completely disable "Auto-Cleanup".
Attachment 194831
You could also update to the latest version (it is supposed to be faster).
Ah, then thats it. Do this, Patti, and it should remember it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jan 2012   #142

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 
FF Safe Mode 1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
You should only have to select "Remember History" to completely disable "Auto-Cleanup".
Attachment 194831
You could also update to the latest version (it is supposed to be faster).
Ah, then thats it. Do this, Patti, and it should remember it.
I haven't checked out all of the posts between you and Patti, but one thing that is renowned for causing slowdowns is extensions (add-ons).
If you have a lot of add-ons (or one is faulty) that could be the reason for slow FF performance.

You could start FF in "Safe Mode" and see if you FF performance improves.
I'll post some screenshots & instructions shortly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #143

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
I haven't checked out all of the posts between you and Patti, but one thing that is renowned for causing slowdowns is extensions (add-ons).
If you have a lot of add-ons (or one is faulty) that could be the reason for slow FF performance.

You could start FF in "Safe Mode" and see if you FF performance improves.
I'll post some screenshots & instructions shortly.
Yea, we've gone through and fixed up her add-ons, and her programs too. Really, a bunch of us went through everything short of a reinstall, no clue why the internet is slow except for it being on the ISP's side (slower internet, etc.)

Her near 500 posts were questions that many members and I have been answering. Its been interesting and fun, and it seems like her computer is a lot better, except for this small internet speed quirk. Believe me, there is not a thing we've not tried.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Jan 2012   #144

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 
FF Safe Mode 2

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Her near 500 posts were questions that many members and I have been answering. Its been interesting and fun, and it seems like her computer is a lot better, except for this small internet speed quirk. Believe me, there is not a thing we've not tried.
OK.

I said I'd post these instructions so here they are.

How to start FF in "Safe Mode"


Quick Method
Hold the "Shift" key and click on the Firefox icon in the "Start Menu" (or on the pinned "Taskbar" icon).
This only works for single click icons (doesn't work with double click icons).

The Long Method
This works without the Firefox icon.

1 - Open the "Start Menu" and type "run" in the "Search" box (or use "Windows Logo key + R" and go to step 3).

2 - Click on "Run" in the results.
Mozilla Firefox errors-ff-sm-01a-run-.png
3 - Type "firefox -safe-mode" (without the quotes). Click on the "OK" button.
Name:  FF SM 02 (Run).png
Views: 2
Size:  19.9 KB
4 - If you have enabled "Firefox - Choose User Profile", this window will open (if not, go to step 5). Click on the "Start Firefox" button.
Name:  FF SM 03a (Profile Manager).png
Views: 2
Size:  35.9 KB
5 - The "Firefox Safe Mode" window will open. Click on the "Continue in Safe Mode" button.
Name:  FF SM 04a (Safe Mode).png
Views: 2
Size:  38.1 KB
See if FF performs better.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #145

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1, 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Well that isn't the place you are supposed to be. it will automatically be like that, but it shouldn't matter because the box I had you uncheck prevents that from automatically clearing the data. It should be fine anyhow, you're all set Patti
Thanks so much Dusty for your help. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I think one of the things that got me in trouble this time is I wanted to try out Google Chrome and see what it was like.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #146

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1, 32-bit
 
 

Thanks - I tried what you said and will see how it goes. I already have ff 8.0. Thanks so much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #147
Microsoft MVP

 

That's three times today I tried to rep you lehnerus2000!

Guess I'll have to let others do it for me.

Always nice work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #148

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
That's three times today I tried to rep you lehnerus2000!

Guess I'll have to let others do it for me.

Always nice work.
Thanks for those kind words.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mozilla Firefox errors




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Mozilla Firefox errors
Thread Forum
Solved Mozilla Firefox 5 Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox 4 Browsers & Mail
regarding Mozilla firefox Browsers & Mail
UAC+Mozilla Firefox Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Now Available! Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33