Windows IExplored(9)-32 & Crome-32 do not work. (Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.) IExplorer(9)-64 works just fine. I've been researching
my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found, which included - I'll rip them off for you, without looking up the exact phrasing:
- command line winsock flush ets.
- "Turn Windows features on or off" uncheck, restart, recheck.
- Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install (from Windows update module).
- Tools\internet options\reset.
There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows 7 64 Ultimate operating system that is preventing the 32 bit browers from working.
There are 2 potential issues that I feel may have contributed to this situation:
- I had installed ASUS Gamer OSD. When I tried to operate the program, it said I had installed a 32 bit version and it would not run on a 64 but system. Suspecting this to be a potential cause, I tried to unistall it, but it would not go. I bought Uninstall Tool www.crystalidea.com and used 'force removal'. This appeared to largely remove it. I then searched the registry with regedit and removed all evidence of GamerOSD & SmartDoctor (wich was installed at the same time as GamerOSD). Unfortunately this did not fix the situation.
- I had also recently installed a Startup delay application to 'feed in' certain startup applications upon booting the system. I wasn't happy with how it worked and uninstalled the program AFTER using the startup restore feature. I fear the resore feature may not have resored the startup proceedure properly. I've scoured through msconfig to see if there was anything obvious, but could not come up with anything.
There appears to be something wrong with a low level operation that does not allow or recognize a 32 bit browser from opperating. Any help would be appreciated.