Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I get rid of Babylon ?

27 Dec 2011   #21
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
I looked through the Remove Babylon, but this is what we travelled through yesterday.
I already have Revo Uninstaller installed, but again, there's no Babylon installed, that can be removed.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Dec 2011   #22
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
Run a Malwarebytes Scan

If that doesn't pick it up try an SFC Scan

Then try changing it.
I'm running Mbam at the moment
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #23
jmw17115

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

how I removed Babylon is, I deleted it from downloads, went into control panel and UN installed anything to do with it, then went on the internet browser, clicked on tools, options, and on windows 7 it should bring you to a page that is the basics, then where it says homepage, it will have Babylon there, delete it and put whatever you want in there such as Google . Then there is another tab a bit further down that says search, click the drop down arrow and you will find all the search engines you use, change it to Google, but that still wont get rid of it, so click the button next to it that says manage search engines, here you will be able to pick the default search engine you want and delete others
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2011   #24
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
I looked through the Remove Babylon, but this is what we travelled through yesterday.
I already have Revo Uninstaller installed, but again, there's no Babylon installed, that can be removed.
darkhorse, okay. i get that you tried changing it to about blank but the string comes back, you still didn't tell me if did you take a look in the default search engine option in internet explorer? cause it should at least allow you to change the default search engine to something else. please give me a screen shot of your search engines listed in internet explorer and your task manager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #25
Infinite

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64 Bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #26
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
Run a Malwarebytes Scan

If that doesn't pick it up try an SFC Scan

Then try changing it.
I'm running Mbam at the moment
as suggested by Infinite, have you done the SFC scan? if yes, did it find any violations? also, what are the scan results of Malwarebytes and MSE?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #27
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
I looked through the Remove Babylon, but this is what we travelled through yesterday.
I already have Revo Uninstaller installed, but again, there's no Babylon installed, that can be removed.
darkhorse, okay. i get that you tried changing it to about blank but the string comes back, you still didn't tell me if did you take a look in the default search engine option in internet explorer? cause it should at least allow you to change the default search engine to something else. please give me a screen shot of your search engines listed in internet explorer and your task manager.
Oh my, sorry I didn't showed this
Attached are the info, and please if there's more, tell me it


Attached Thumbnails
How do I get rid of Babylon ?-toolbarandextentions.jpg   How do I get rid of Babylon ?-searchproviders.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #28
Infinite

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64 Bit
 
 

After finishing the Scan, don't remove the Viruses it picks up, instead click Save Log, save it to My Documents and attatch the file here.

Or go to UserFolder/AppData/Roaming/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/Logs

If you can not see AppData follow this tutorial:
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #29
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote:
Oh my, sorry I didn't showed this
Attached are the info, and please if there's more, tell me it
dont think this will solve the problem, but, remove the three i've created a black arrow on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #30
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
After finishing the Scan, don't remove the Viruses it picks up, instead click Save Log, save it to My Documents and attatch the file here.

Or go to UserFolder/AppData/Roaming/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/Logs

If you can not see AppData follow this tutorial:
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide
Mbam didn't show any issues. I have it pasted here, and sorry for the national language:

Quote:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Database version: 911122701

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

12/27/2011 09:56:06
mbam-log-2011-12-27 (09-56-06).txt

Skanningstype: Fuldstændig skanning (C:\|D:\|)
Objekter skannet: 374887
Tid gået: 1 time(e), 9 minut(ter), 31 sekund(er)

Hukommelses Processorer Inficeret: 0
Hukommelses Moduler Inficeret: 0
Registreringsdatabasenøgler Inficeret: 0
Registreringsdatabaseværdier Inficeret: 0
Registreringsdatabasedata Objekter Inficeret: 0
Inficerede Mapper: 0
Inficerede Filer: 0

Hukommelses Processorer Inficeret:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Hukommelses Moduler Inficeret:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Registreringsdatabasenøgler Inficeret:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Registreringsdatabaseværdier Inficeret:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Registreringsdatabasedata Objekter Inficeret:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Inficerede Mapper:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)

Inficerede Filer:
(Ingen skadelige objekter blev fundet)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I get rid of Babylon ?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do i get rid of babylon toolbar for good
Hi, new here in this forum:party: I have a problem, my pc browsers is hijacked by babylon toolbar somehow. I said it's weird since I don't know when it's installed while i did not install anything for weeks (only updated flash player recently) I tried to uninstall it, but no luck, it will come...
System Security
Babylon
Hi. I installed some really crappy software called Babylon yesterday before I even realized I was doing it. Nightmare :( I uninstalled it going through Control Panel and it showed as being uninstalled there and then but when I went back into FFox after a restart the Babylon Toolbar was still...
Browsers & Mail
I have been battling Babylon
I have been battling Babylon. I believe I have gotten all of the entries out of the registry, but I am not sure. I wonder if I did a repair install if it would construct a new registry without all of the extraneous crud such as hidden Babylon entries? Bill Bos
Software
Babylon Search
I currently use Firefox. When I'm on a website, I click + on top below the URL to get a new page. Immediately Babylon search page shows up. How can I rid the Babylon tool bar and program please. I go to Uninstall but cannot find anything related to Search or Babylon. I also go to Viewed Update...
Browsers & Mail
How do I remove Babylon Search from FF and IE?
Hello there guys and gals of seven forums, I have Firefox installed on my computer, but somehow Babylon search bar has installed itself on my FF, I would like some technical help with this. 1). I have removed it from Firefox: Tool>Add Ons 2). I have set my directory to be iGoogle.com.au ...
Browsers & Mail
Removing Babylon
I understand this is a right bitch to remove. Well, guess what? I've got it on my old computer! :mad: Tried everything I know of. I finally got rid of the toolbar, but Babylon's still in charge of my browser. Nope, no Google when starting the computer anymore. Now I get that damn Babylon in the...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App