|14 Jan 2012||#11|
| || |
I found this info some where, sorry I lost the spot so I can't give the poster his due credit. It was a very old post though and had to be tweaked for Win 7.
@SevenForums.com mod - I totally understand why my post was moved from "Software" to "Browsers & Mail". However, I just wanted to point out this is a "Software" issue concerning an install routine. With that said, I think most users would look in this Forum for this solution.
Ok, so how did I fix this problem. (Disclaimer) This is not an official Tutorial, please don't try this until it has been approved by the mods here at the SevenForums.
I'm running Win 7 Home Pro x64 as an Administrator
1. Backup all browser info you have (export/sync) & make sure it will be portable to Google Chrome(doesn't recognize Opera installed out of Program Files).
2. Download the Junction.exe file: Junction and extract into C:/Windows/System32
3. Uninstall Google Chrome.
4. Navigate to C:/Users/"Username"/AppData/Local
5. Cut & Paste the "Google" folder to a location where you can find it (Desktop).
6. Open an elevated Command Prompt: Start-All Programs-Accessories-right click on Command Prompt-select Run as Administrator.
7. Type the following as it would apply to your PC: "junction.exe "C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Google" "(Some other drive letter):\Program Files x86\Google"
example of how this looks on my PC: "C:\Users\Dirtydeedz\AppData\Local\Google" "E:\Program Files x86\Google"
8. Press Enter (Close Command Prompt)
9. Cut & Past the "Google" folder on your desktop to your new location.
10: Reinstall Google Chrome. Wala!! It will be installed to your new location.
11: Sync up Google Chrome with your backed up settings from step 1
Hope this helps someone. It helped me.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Installing Google Chrome to a different path/folder/drive/location|
|Google Chrome Installation Location||Browsers & Mail|
|Drive in 'User' folder, 'Location' tab in drive properties||General Discussion|
|Google chrome installing problem||Browsers & Mail|
|google chrome install folder||Browsers & Mail|
|Info about folder in AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application||Browsers & Mail|
|Installing Google Chrome OS in VMWare||Virtualization|
|Installing Google Chrome||Software|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.