|16 Jan 2012||#1|
| || |
How Do I Export Windows Mail from Vists 32bit to Windows 7 64 Bit
I am trying to move my Windows Mail In Box folder from my laptop (Vista 32bit) to my new PC (Windows 7 64bit) with Windows Live Mail.
I've followed a few tutorials but I wind up with the folders and no mail.
I made a folder on my Vista Desktop and exported my Windows Mail There.
I then tried moving and also tried copying that folder to a USB Mini Drive. I get an error message saying Are You Sure You Want To Move Without Properties. Propteties can not be moved.
I said no and it stops. I say yes and everything moved but the mail itself. When I import it to my Windows Live Mail, I wind up with my folders but no mail in them. So, I'm guessing the "properties" are the actual mail.
I am going crazy here! Can someone give me a Step By Step way of doing this for dummies?
Thanks So Much!
|My System Specs|
|17 Jan 2012||#3|
| || |
OK, I got it to work and I came to this conclusion.... It doesn't like Flash Drive Memory!!!! So, in case anyone else is trying to get their Windows Mail from their old computer running Vista (or whatever), this is how I was able to make it work:
HOW TO IMPORT WINDOWS MAIL FROM ONE COMPUTER
AND PUT IT IN WINDOWS LIVE MAIL
IN A DIFFERENT COMPUTER
(Mine Is Going From Vists 32bit to Windows 7 64bit - Different Computers)
First, in your Vista Computer Install a CD/DVD and make a folder for your mail. I simply called mine "MAIL 1"
1) Go to the mail box in Vista you want to get your mail from (is: Your **removed** account). Open it so you see all your mail.
2) Flick on "FILE" in the menu bar
3) Click on Export
5) Another Screen will pop up: Choose "Microsoft Windows Mail" and click next
6) A window pops up asking you to select a a folder to export to. Select "Browse" and then highlight the folder you made on your CD/DVD and click next.
7) A Windows opens and asks you to select the message folders you want to export. I selected "ALL" (you can delete what you need to later) Then select next.
8) You'll hear your CD/DVD Spin Up and a pop-up will appear telling you of the progress. Let this all go through. Should only take a couple minutes unless you have a pile of mail or whatnot.
9) When done, you get a message saying "Your messages were exported in Windows Mail format.. At this point, click "Finish."
Now Remove your CD/DVD From your Vista Computer and insert it into your Windows 7 Computer.
In your Windows 7 Computer you do the following: (Assuming you have Already Set Up Your E-mail Account in Windows Live Mail on your New or Other Computer)
1) Open Windows Live Mail
2) Choose the little Blue Tab in the top left side of your screen that with the little "document icon" and a downward point arrow. Click on that and select "Import Messages"
3) Another box will open - Select "Windows mail"
4) Another window box opens called "Location of Messages" It will already have an address and IT IS WRONG! Click on Browse and choose "Computer" then your CD/DVD Drive with your CD with your mail and then highlight the folder you made and imported your messages. (Note: You will see your main folder and all the sub folders that were imported. Highlight the MAIN FOLDER and click OK
5) It will return to the "Location" Box with the correct folder address in it this time - Select "Next"
6) Another box opens called "Select Folders" - Here choose "All" again. (You can delete unwanted later)
At this point, your computer will start importing the mail folders and files. A Pop-up will appear telling you of the progress. Once this complets you'll get a message in the box that says "Your Messages Were Imported In Windows Mail Format." Then just click "Finish."
7) Now go to your Windows Live mail. Look in the left colum and scroll down until you find "STORAGE FOLDERS." Below that, look for "Imported Folder." This is where all your mail will be.
TO GET THAT MAIL IN THE PROPER AREA of your Mail Account:
1) Open the "In Box" of the Storage Folder/Imported Folder" and see your mail.
2) Highlight each and every one of the messages (or only the ones you want). When all are highlighted, click anywhere on the highlighted area and hold the "Click Down" and drag it over to the "In Box" of your actual Mail Account and Release the Click. All your Imported Inbox Messages will then appear in the In Box of your actual E-Mail account.
Do the same for your Sent Items, Drafts and whatever else you want.
Once all is where you want it, simply delete all the storage folders associated to with your recent import and you are on your Merry Way!
Hope that helps!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How Do I Export Windows Mail from Vists 32bit to Windows 7 64 Bit|
|Windows Live Mail - Export and Import Email Messages||Tutorials|
|Windows Live Mail - Export and Import Email Accounts||Tutorials|
|Windows Live Mail - Export and Import Contacts||Tutorials|
|windows mail (old installed on win7) export to outlook 2010||Browsers & Mail|
|How to export iPhone contacts to Windows Live Mail?||Browsers & Mail|
|Windows live mail export||Browsers & Mail|
|Windows 7 live mail export to import to XP WLM||Browsers & Mail|