Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Any way to stop youtube vids from all playing when FF starts (40+tabs)


21 Feb 2012   #1

 
 
Any way to stop youtube vids from all playing when FF starts (40+tabs)

I have about 40+ tabs open in firefox 10 and many of those are videos on youtube.So i have a bit of a problem when i start the browser ,as all the flash videos start to play at once and it's a big problem having to go to each tab and clicking the pause button on each of the players window while going slightly deaf from all the multiple audio that's bellowing out.

So far the only easy solution i've found is just to open task manager and end firefox's plugin container process .Is there not a simpler option that would stop all the (flash video) processes from starting from the off.A firefox add on or similar ?

windows 7 ultimate
FF 10.0.1


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Feb 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

It sounds like you have the browser set up to save all the tabs when it closes.
You can set Firefox to not save any tabs when it closes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2012   #3

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
It sounds like you have the browser set up to save all the tabs when it closes.
You can set Firefox to not save any tabs when it closes.
I could ,but then i'd have to load them all one by one not a good option .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Feb 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

This is a little old so I don't know if it's still relevant,

Stop YouTube Videos from Automatically Playing in Firefox - How-To Geek
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dosucol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
It sounds like you have the browser set up to save all the tabs when it closes.
You can set Firefox to not save any tabs when it closes.
I could ,but then i'd have to load them all one by one not a good option .
you could setup a youtube account and just favorite all of those videos into a playlist.


Attached Thumbnails
Any way to stop youtube vids from all playing when FF starts (40+tabs)-youtube.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2012   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This is a little old so I don't know if it's still relevant,

Stop YouTube Videos from Automatically Playing in Firefox - How-To Geek
That's the perfect solution!I installed greasemonkey, the script and VOILA ,No auto play anymore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2012   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dosucol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This is a little old so I don't know if it's still relevant,

Stop YouTube Videos from Automatically Playing in Firefox - How-To Geek
That's the perfect solution!I installed greasemonkey, the script and VOILA ,No auto play anymore
Cool, good to know that's a solution that works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Any way to stop youtube vids from all playing when FF starts (40+tabs)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Any way to stop youtube vids from all playing when FF starts (40+tabs)
Thread Forum
i updated flash player & now youtube vids wont open in medium screen Browsers & Mail
Youtube videos keep on playing even when i stop the video Browsers & Mail
Youtube vids go black in the middle Music, Pictures & Video
YouTube won't properly upload my vids! Music, Pictures & Video
very loud scratching noise when viewing youtube vids Sound & Audio
Can't post YouTube vids Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33