Ok a have a definitive guide that joins the above posts together.
If you are using WLM 2011, it will look like the image that seavixen32 posted. If it looks like that, follow the directions I gave you earlier in my second post. If it does not look like that but looks like the attached image you are using 2009/10. Follow these steps.
- Click the icon that is circled and labeled 1 in the image
- Click show menu bar
- Then click the tools button on the menu bar at the top (circled 2)
- Click account options
- Enter your account details
- Save them and make sure they work
- Go to tools again and then options
- Go to the general tab
- Under default messaging programs, click make default for both options.
Now, please note that I DO NOT
use windows live mail 2009/10 at home and as a result can not be sure that these instructions are 100% correct. The labels for the buttons may be different and the method for adding an account may be different. Please do not moan if I get some of the labels wrong. Thanks!