Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Live Mail sign-in

10 Apr 2012   #1
dlk7107

Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
 
 
Windows Live Mail sign-in

Is there a way to eliminate the "Sign in to Windows Live Mail" screen? I do not want to select the "Remember me" box.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #2
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Options>Connections>"Stop Signing In". But if you don't sign in, your contacts and the way they are organized into categories, won't be backed up at the contacts.live.com website. (You can still export your local contacts to back them up but it won't save the categories, just all the contacts in a long list.) You also won't be able to use Photo Email (i.e. using SkyDrive to avoid sending very large attached files).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #3
Heyyou

WIN7 x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

When you're setting up Windows Live Mail and they ask for a password, do they want the password from your IP or do they just want a password you just make up? Thanks in advance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #4
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
When you're setting up Windows Live Mail and they ask for a password, do they want the password from your IP or do they just want a password you just make up? Thanks in advance.
They want the password for your Windows Live ID. Note that the login consists of an email address (like @hotmail.com or @msn.com) and the password for that address. They are used on Microsoft's websites (like msn.com or hotmail.com or live.com).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #5
Heyyou

WIN7 x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
When you're setting up Windows Live Mail and they ask for a password, do they want the password from your IP or do they just want a password you just make up? Thanks in advance.
They want the password for your Windows Live ID. Note that the login consists of an email address (like @hotmail.com or @msn.com) and the password for that address. They are used on Microsoft's websites (like msn.com or hotmail.com or live.com).
Thanks for the info. My e-mail address comes from Time Warner. The password from Time Warner worked. I don't know a password for my Windows Live. Would they prefer that password?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2012   #6
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
...My e-mail address comes from Time Warner. The password from Time Warner worked. I don't know a password for my Windows Live. Would they prefer that password?
You need the email address and password for every email account set up with an email program; the purpose is to get your messages from your email server (Time Warner). The Windows Live ID and password is for "signing-in" to Windows Live to use the "Live" features I mentioned previously.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2012   #7
Heyyou

WIN7 x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
...My e-mail address comes from Time Warner. The password from Time Warner worked. I don't know a password for my Windows Live. Would they prefer that password?
You need the email address and password for every email account set up with an email program; the purpose is to get your messages from your email server (Time Warner). The Windows Live ID and password is for "signing-in" to Windows Live to use the "Live" features I mentioned previously.
Oh OK, thanks again!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live Mail sign-in




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to print GBP sign from Windows Live Mail?
Hi, Using windows 7 and windows live mail, when I type an email message within which is the ukp sign and then print a copy of the sent email the sign does not show on the print but rather displays a couple small squares instead of the ! Any advice please? John
Browsers & Mail
How do I get rid of the prompt to sign up to Windows Live Mail
Every time I start Win Live Mail I get a prompt to sign up. I use my own mail server and do not wish to use the online live mail. How do I stop this prompt from appearing (apart from signing up)?
Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail - Sign in Required
HI; I finally installed the latest upgrade to Windows Live mail. I really hate the change, lack of normal menus and such, but I can get used to that. I'm using it with a pop3 account on my own domains. The problem I have is that when I Click in Picasa to send a photo with Live Mail, it...
Browsers & Mail
Live Mail sign in.?
Up until the latest round of updates, my Sign in always remembered my password for 7 days, all well and good, I can live with that, now its wanting a password every time I want access. WHY ?.:( Yes the Remember box is ticked.
Browsers & Mail
Unable to sign in to live mail.
A couple of days ago Live mail started to play up and wouldn't let me access hotmail this is the error messages I keep getting. Paul.:cry:
Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App